st4stokie

HEATER CONTROL (again)

Can ayone help me I've brought another Corrado (my 5th) from a forum member on here. He had started to sort the heater control cables out but I brought it before he had time to fix the problem. Now I'm after advice on why they are not working correctly. I've reconnected all the cables the cold/hot control glides nice and easy but the direction control glides from screen to dash vents but won't turn back as easy seems to stick at the feet/dash vent point. The arm the cable is connected to moves freely until the cables are connected. Has anyone any idea how to rectify this? The black arm with the black cable in the picture is what seems to be giving me the problem. The other black cable that goes to the windscreen flap arm doesn't seem to be a problem although the clip that grips the outer cable isn't very good

heatercontrol_zpsdbc1a8c3.jpg

Edited by st4stokie

Same problem here mate. Everything moves nice and freely until I connect up to my heater controls.

Broke my second of controls now.

I'd be looking at the thin foam flap seals causing the resistance, and whilst in there, add a few drops of teflon lube into the cable outer.

Same problem here mate. Everything moves nice and freely until I connect up to my heater controls.

Broke my second of controls now.

Mines the same as this. At least I can move mine between screen and dash vents though which is all I ever use anyway.

I've just got mine set on the screen (can move it freely from screen to feet), think i'll leave it at that. Unless I can find a solution to the problem :bonk:

Just be methodical -disconnect everything and see what moves freely and what doesn't. The heater box flap and the cable should have nearly no resistance - if they don't move completely freely then you're going to have a problem. The controls have a little resistance.

I'd guess it was the cable.