Orkius

Un-even ride height (not on coilovers)

i have recently replaced my shot suspension for the MOT. it was running on some spax shocks and springs (non adjustable) the ride was aweful but the car was at least the same height all round.

to replace the broken suspension i bought the bilstein b12 kit. the idea being to save the time and hassle of adjusting up coilovers and raise the car up a little to improve comfort slightly as it's my daily.

ive had this lot on a week now and its running a different height on all 4 corners and riding especially high at the front. the front drivers side is the highest, about 40mm higher than the back and 20mm higher thean the other front.

have i done something fundamentally wrong? it's not rocket science but i can't see a solution, im beginning to think that the kit is at fault. has anyone had any similar experience or know what i've done wrong?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75476[/ATTACH]

Were there are any height adjustments on the rear dampers? Rear Koni yellow dampers have adjustable spring bases to help solve this issue. If not, that looks bloody awful for such a big name kit! Probably worth going back to the supplier to double check you got the right kit etc.

well you might have not seated one front spring properly in the strut or have a collapsed top mount but the rears are way too low, I don't hink I've ever seen a fixed height spring and damper kit that would make the rear sit that low, even my konis on the lowest spring plate setting and my eibach springs wouldn't drop the rear that low, something is very wrong.

I bought a B12 pro kit from a guy on here. I haven't fitted it but I saw pics of his vr with it fitted and it sat level lowered about 30mm. That is definitely not right. There is no adjustment on the rear shock spring plates.

correct there is no adjustment on either front or back.

i spent ages checking i was ordering the right kit for the car and heard good things about these.

its a '92 16v and i just finished a 20vt conversion on it. goes really well but this was the last thing that needed doing for the mo but it just looks silly! could the new motor be that much lighter that it's just not holding the nose down? or is that just clutching at straws?

front shock mounts are new from gsf (the old ones were fubar) but i can't see that even cheap mounts would have such a dramatic difference.

bought them via a uk based website but i understand the shocks and springs are sent from bilstein in germany.

looks like i will need to contact them and go from there