somersetdub

Corrado Vr6 engine, ABV

Due to a new engine, my old one is now for sale.

It's a 1993 ABV engine and was running well before removal. In cold weather it tended to be a bit rattly first thing, but the performance was good and it didn't smoke.

It is just the bare engine and cylinder head and I have swapped the upper timing chain cover to allow my new engine to run coil pack.

The engine has covered just over 140k, but did have a rebuild at 90k - I have the invoice for this.

Collection only from Merriott, Somerset

£100

Thanks

Edited by somersetdub

It's not going to be easy for me to send it, that's why I put collection only I'm afraid. I have also priced it low to allow for someone to come and collect it.

It was a coil pack engine, but I have removed the upper timing chain cover and the magnetic pick up on the end of the cam for my new engine. Meaning it is now basically dizzy spec, although obviously it could be converted back to coil pack by swapping parts again.

Bump

I also have a late 2.8 vr6 engine which I no longer need - when I bought it, it was sold as having 80 odd thousand miles, but I have no proof and I haven't heard it running. The gearbox was at fault apparently.

Also £100 collected

I'm sorry to hear this, old ABV engines should be cherished, however saying that , if you do scrap it can you sell me the rocker cover with engine number sticker, I've got a 24v which I'd like to disguise as a 12V to get into Australia

I'm interested but undecided at the moment, its a 400 mile around trip........

I'd be travelling alone, do you have provision to get the engine into the back of an estate car? They're a heavy lump at best

Do you have a pic of the engine as it currently stands? Its not outside in the weather with no manifolds on or spark plugs in place is it (rusty bores?)

Hi there, the engine is in a dry shed currently, so no worries about water ingress.

The only thing I have to move it with is an engine crane... Which may or may not work with putting it an estate car.

You can have it for £50 if you come and collect it, would rather it goes to someone who might get some use out of it!

As for pictures, there is one on my build thread, if you want more, let me know and I'll take some.. It just looks like a dirty old vr6 engine though basically!

Thanks

Hi there, the engine is in a dry shed currently, so no worries about water ingress.

The only thing I have to move it with is an engine crane... Which may or may not work with putting it an estate car.

You can have it for £50 if you come and collect it, would rather it goes to someone who might get some use out of it!

As for pictures, there is one on my build thread, if you want more, let me know and I'll take some.. It just looks like a dirty old vr6 engine though basically!

Thanks

Sounds good. How far from the shed to the nearest I can get my car to?

Dox, I sent you a fairly lengthy reply yesterday... Did you not get it?

I am near Yeovil in somerset..

I replied to your first PM and sent my phone number, no more PMs after, basically happy to collect 1st weekend in Nov, be with you 9-10 AM on sat or sun, paypal or cash on collection?

Apologies, I have just replied to your second pm!

No need for apologies, I'll contact you late next week to arrange collection :)

Nice to meet you mate, thanks for the coffee, lift with the engine and the chat. All the best :)