Talltorrac

Window rattle

Need a bit of advice

I have discovered my window will tip forward under a slight pressure and further investigation reveals that the plastic "wheel" that is attached to the end of one of the arms controlling the window lifting and lowering and runs along the runner under the glass has disappeared!!

Having poked around in the bottom of the door I have been unable to track the wheel down.

Am I going to have to replace the whole assembly, would I be able to just get this part, or has anyone got any suggestions for finding a replacement?

Suggestions?

The wheel can be replaced on its own,but has been obsolete for about two years ! There was a group buy a while back(AlexG60 got them made) somebody may have some laying about !

I've got some old window mech arms buried in the shed, PM me your address and I'll pop a wheel off and stick it in an envelope.

My passenger window rattles from the top when it's fully up. If I crack it down very slightly (a couple of mm) so it's still under the seal, it stops rattling. I've seen guide clips in the past that hold the glass still when windows are up but can't seem to find them. anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for the help guys - I've pm'd Wullie - judging by other people's questions about the group buy, it would suggest there are none left.

If Wullie has non, I shall start looking at furniture drawer rollers - some of those use this type of wheel!!

If you're lucky you may find the wheel stuck in a layer of grease in the bracket at the bottom of the glass, they sometimes get glued in. Nowhere for it to go if it's fallen out unless you have a huge hole in the bottom of the door...

Stone

I think I got the same problem fitted some of the group buy ones to my old C but this time its rattling and the window seems to tilt forward a bit when fully up leavin a small gap in the corner so if theres any about I would be interested too :-)

I think I got the same problem fitted some of the group buy ones to my old C but this time its rattling and the window seems to tilt forward a bit when fully up leavin a small gap in the corner so if theres any about I would be interested too :-)

If it's the wee wheel you need there should be another one in the shed, let me know if that is what the problem is.

Tolltorrac, you have a PM.