sexybourbon

changing the gearbox mount

Can anyone shed some light on changing the box mount , is it as easy as the other two ? Iv already changed them for the jrenshaw group buy mounts but my box mount is shagged

Do i need to release all the other nonys to get at the box mount or is there a way to do it without loosening the others

Still bit got a clear manual for the corrado so having to ask again

Iv looked in the wiki aswell but theres bo guide

shouldn't be any harder than undoing the mounting bolts and jacking the car off the mount, a little more clearance is needed as it's recessed in the subframe, but only a couple of inches, shouldn't need to disconnect the gearbox cables or anything.

Undo nut at the top of mount. Jack up engine. Undo two bolts either side of the mount that bolt to the subframe. Lift mount out. New one in. Reverse procedure. Sometimes the top bolt doesn't line up very well, so it's a good idea to lower the engine so it's a few mm above the mount. Lift the mount up to the braket and pop the bolt in about half way. Now drop the engine down, turn on and idle for a minute, then fully and tighten all the bolts. Forgot to say, I usually undo the front mount as well which makes lifting the engine easier.

Edited by CazzaVR

Cheers for the replys guys i just wanted to be sure how it went on and if i needed to lift undo the other mounts to get it in

And yea its sat at my favourite local post office waiting to be picked up i didnt have chance today as was on with other car things !