spiderfish

Hello

Hi guys my names Mark

I have been looking at the forum for a few weeks now and starting to understand the plus points and negative points of owning a corrado.

All thats its done is make me want to get one more now than ever.

After going to Harewood house a few weeks ago and looking at a very tasty dark grey Vr6 I've been searching the classified section looking for a good one to buy.

But none have come up in my price range and the spec I want i'm willing to wait to find the right one.

I'm looking for a VR6 in a dark colour with leather and a nice history plan on keeping it a long time.

I have two brothers who love there mk2's who show them all the time but that car is just not for me but that doesn't stop them showing me every mk2 for sale.

If any one can point me in the right direction for a nice it will be much appreciated

Thanks Mark

yer man you should get a good one for that.. thing to do is try to buy one thats not been modified, also DONT ever buy the first one you look at... get an idea of the market... i looked at about 4-5 and in the end got one for 1.7k. the corrado market is a strange one with **** ones priced high and good ones priced low... browse ebay, car and classic was also a good one seems to attract a more respected seller... feel free to post any adds your interested in on this thread and me and im sure a few others will have a scan and let you know what we think. Also dont always be put of by the mileage as sometimes the higher mileage cars have had more reconditioning work done to restore parts and overall make it a better buy already replacing the things that may not yet have ****ed up on one with less miles

Thanks EJ got my eye on a few at the moment will attach the link on here for an opinion , like you say lot around at the moment not to bothered by the mileage like you said more chance things have been done. The only thing I will hold out for is a history file to back up the repairs . Don't mind a few mods if done for the right reasons eg SS exhaust

If you see any which you think are worth a look please let me know

Seen this car around, its a lovely car, and well looked after, the guy sounds to me like my kinda guy, seems like he hasnt cut any corners. He has replaced all the things that normally go on that mileage so less worries for you all round, and 138k is low mileage on a VR Corrado as well, that along with the FSH is a very good thing. After reading the add it seems like a seriously nice C, and the seller is someone who will regret selling it at that price. If im honest mate, if i had 3k i would buy it tonight going by the add. BE WARNED though, and trust me when i say, that Corrado is not going to be for sale for long. Another little thing i noticed is in one of the photo's he has blue taped the rear arches and the front, this is a clear sign of someone who really does value the condition on there car. When i saw it at edition a few years back the ppaint really was brilliant, ALSO this is one of mine and many others favourite colour C. A good find man dont mess about get in contact.

In other words, BUY BUY BUY! ;)

Thanks EJ for your in put

As for the ride it could do with lifting a bit I must agree I'd like my fillings to stay in my mouth

The mpg is not that much of a concern it's only going to be a weekend toy in the summer so I can live with it

But overall it looks in good nick and like your say all the things which go wrong have been done so it's well worth a call

Will let you know how I go on

Hmmmm..... what happens when you go over a bump in that??

Can always wind the coilvers up.

He reckons he gets 40mpg + !!!!

Haven't seen that in mine

Prior to the Cams and all the performance mods i was seeing between the 38 - 43 mpg on motorways. Not surprising baring in mind the whole reason for the mass production of the V6 engine was for its smoothness, great long distance performance and reliability.

Thanks EJ for your in put

As for the ride it could do with lifting a bit I must agree I'd like my fillings to stay in my mouth

The mpg is not that much of a concern it's only going to be a weekend toy in the summer so I can live with it

But overall it looks in good nick and like your say all the things which go wrong have been done so it's well worth a call

Will let you know how I go on

Also i did some research on this car, the guy goes to college with a friend of mine, (who is very clued up) and he confirmed what i thought, that this car is mint throughout, also since speaking to friends about the car one is now also interested in buying, i have also heard of it poping on other forums and car pages, so if your going to buy it, act fast. From all i have heard you will not regret it. I had a similar situation when i was scanning the market, the famous C5 OEM was up for grabs and i never bought it, regretted it ever since.

All the best.

We'll guys missed out on this car I least he let me know before a 3hour drive. But as they say one door closes another opens .Had my eye on another which needed a re spray and a good tidy so I'm now the owner of a 1996 blue vr6 comes with a large history file original bill of sale and every sale since , VW service stamps upto 85k with 104k on the clock . Some body surface rust on the rear arch and filler cap so looking for a good garage to do the re-spray and a bit of welding (Yorkshire area) so any recommendations most welcome.

looks like a sturdy old gal bro! im opposite end of the country so dont know anyone out that way but sure someone on here will help if you keep bumping the thread :)

Thanks guys not drove it yet but hey how much can go wrong:)

It's not so bad it's getting MOT this week so it can't be that bad.

Picked it up well below my budget so got some cash left to bring it up to scratch over winter.

Looking around for someone to do a re spray can anyone recommend anywhere in Yorkshire

Where the best place to get spares ? Is there a Haynes type manual for the corrado