Orkius

I'm locked out!! Central locking

Hi guys

Some serious help needed. I have just swapped out the drivers door on my c. Hooked the replacement up exactly as was. However as soon as I locked it I cannot open it again. Either with the fob or with the key. Have I done something wrong?

Luckily I can gain entry through the the boot but it's not ideal.

so far the only thing I can think is that I have checked the vacuum lines but they look ok.

problem solved in the end and in case anyone comes across the same problem. not sure if this is normal or just a peculiarity with my car.

so unplugged the 3 pin wire which seems to activate the lock or door handle. locked and unlocked fine. replugged in with locks in open position, dead locked again :scratch:

so unplugged it again and locked the car before reconnecting the plug. now opens and closes as before. :thumbleft:

Weird! Appreciate the update though - threads often go silent once the original problem is fixed, as the original poster never comes back to update it once it's sorted! Cheers!

It was going to say that Jim , but thought I might get shot down . There are a lot if help threads with no definitive answer at the end .

It was going to say that Jim , but thought I might get shot down . There are a lot if help threads with no definitive answer at the end .

The nature of forums sadly.. seems to happen a lot on technical / computing related forums!

Worse than that is when you get no response or thanks for helping someone, and then you don't see any posts from them again until the next time they want help.

Agree with both of you there . It's curtesy just to say thanks for the advice or help , and you can then retain what you have learnt and help others out when they need it .

Edited by robrado974

Agreed with all the above. it can be frustrating not seeing an end result to a post like this. i have noticed this sometimes while trying to find solutions to the long list of things which need attention on my C.

Kevin - hope thats not a dig at me. this is the first forum i signed up to, still a bit of a noob at this. but appologies if i have forgotten previously. it's true, a little courtesy goes a long way

all that said, still a great forum. thanks for all the replies!!