petemcr

Ultrasonic Injector Cleaning

As per the title, has anyone had this done and seen much improvement from having it done? I was reading engines with 100k+ milles see an improvement and I've now got my injector rail out so I'm thinking about having them sent off somewhere.

Also on the subject, I was waiting for this episode to come out and he semi covers it, if you haven't seen it already, pretty sure the Corrado VR6 was 188bhp on paper though.

I have spare injectors and also bought a nice ultrasonic cleaner. Not tried it yet though. Think I need new seals/o rings so was going to send them off to be refurbed instead.

Started thinking my injectors are causing slightly rough running. They are 210, 000miles old now and never been cleaned.

there's a fairly recent thread with results from professional ultrasonic cleaning, flow rates and patterns before and after, some needed doing and some didn't, depends on what fuel they've been run on and any contamination they may have got over the years, you should be able to check spray pattern and delivery roughly by pulling them out of the manifold and bridging the fuseboard fuel pump relay contacts and spraying into jars. Might still need new 'O' rings if you pull them out though.

here you are: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=66805 page 5 for some printouts of results

Edited by davidwort

I have spare injectors and also bought a nice ultrasonic cleaner. Not tried it yet though. Think I need new seals/o rings so was going to send them off to be refurbed instead.

Started thinking my injectors are causing slightly rough running. They are 210, 000miles old now and never been cleaned.

I'm doing the headgasket on mine at the moment and I've got the injectors out so I'm debating getting them done, mine has had fairly rough idle but I always thought it may be the ISV which I plan on cleaning while it's off as well.

I'll check out the link you posted David, thanks for the info

It's something we recommend checking if you've got reason to doubt it.

Obviously injectors we sell are cleaned and tested for us with new o-rings and pintle caps.

I'm looking to get an ultrasonic cleaner in house, just not got enough demand yet to warrant buying one

I think there are a couple of clips on youtube showing different ways in which people have powered and then cleaned their injectors. Some are quite novel!