somersetdub

Anti roll bar

Today I fitted the hubs to the front subframe and connected up the drop links to the wishbone from the new eibach roll bar.

I am confident now that the roll bar is the correct way up as it has a 'U' shape in the middle, but the roll bar itself seems like it's slightly too long as the drop links are stretched when fitted... Does anyone have any ideas??

9aqagyve.jpgebanu4e3.jpg

Are they aftermarket droplinks? I bought a set a while back from ecp and they are not quite the same as originals. The original had a step to the side where the bar attaches to the loop on the droplink, but the aftermarket ones were straight up and were like yours but not quite as extreme as that.

The arms and drop links are the same ones I took off before the rebuild.

The links are genuine items and only around a year old. The arms I am unsure if they're genuine or not, but I'm sure they were ok before...

I do wonder if they might sort themselves out when I put weight back on the wheels, but it looks like it could only make them stretch more.

Yes, that makes the difference!

I lowered the car back onto its wheels earlier and the drop links have 'come in' a bit and look much better, although they should sit perfectly once the engine is back in.

Thanks for people's input, I was just getting worried as it has all been apart and was thinking something was wrong.

Be honest mate..... you clearly wanted to show off your super clean running gear didn't you? Looking very good mate!