Skintoss

New corrado owner

Hi all

I recently became the new owner of a rather sad looking VR6.

image_zps3bd67dae.jpg

Gave her a bit of a clean to check the condition and see what I was dealing with

image_zpsb7ed8791.jpg

Turns out a fair bit of lacquer peel, broken n/s lense and fog, knackered seals pretty much all round and a few holes in sills!

So left the bodywork to see what the engine was like, bearing in mind she had been sat for around 4 years, I chucked a battery on (traced and disabled the alarm/immobiliser that I didn't get a fob for) and she started. A bit rough as to be expected on fuel that old but worth pursuing.

So the next jobs are to drain old fuel and replace, oil change, clean/replace plugs and recheck how she runs.

Will aim to keep you updated.

Gareth

That's probably one of the most minging Corrado's i've ever seen but great to hear it's getting resurrected. Definitely a thorough service would be a great start to getting it running a bit happier!

What sort of mileage has it got? What condition is the interior after so many years of being left standing?

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure many on here will be able to offer help/advice etc. and always good to see one being rescued.

How did it come to be in that condition?

I couldn't let her sit in that state so made an offer and trailered her away, didn't want to leave though so I had to take out the rear pads just to get it to move. Interior is full grey heated leather and in v.v. Good condition, all body panels are surprisingly solid and the spoiler even goes up and down!

Basically if it has a chance of going back on the road it will be there but I'm not going to spend more than its worth (unless I get the bug and the wife doesn't notice!)

It was supposedly the previous owners pride and joy and has some nice bits on it but was parked up due to a company car and just never touched again.

Thanks for the welcome.

good work ! where did you buy that from ??? the reg plate seems familiar .... well the K and the AUR do. and I know of one that's been stood for 4 + years near me, a fellow forum member from the past ! best of luck with it

Edited by delfinis38

It has got forum stickers but I can't remember which ones, will check. It was from Haddenham, Bucks. It wouldn't surprise me if there was history and if anybody knows it I would be appreciative. I don't ET a whole lot of time to work on it so it's tucked up under a plush cover at the moment until I can do more.

Thanks for all the welcomes

It has got forum stickers but I can't remember which ones, will check. It was from Haddenham, Bucks. It wouldn't surprise me if there was history and if anybody knows it I would be appreciative. I don't ET a whole lot of time to work on it so it's tucked up under a plush cover at the moment until I can do more.

Thanks for all the welcomes

Ha ha... Thought so... Just up the road from me next to browns, forum members therapor's old car... Not noticed the car this past week walking to the station.... It's been on his parents drive looking sorry for years.... Pass side green where it sat on the drive next to the fence. Did'nt think it was that green though. Good luck with it.

Edited by delfinis38

That's the one chap, are you in Haddenham as well then? It's not gone far, just to Aylesbury

Yer... Just up by the church and duck pond. There were three blue vr's in the village and a white g60 but one has now gone !

Edited by delfinis38

That's a hell of a population for a small village! I take it therapor's not been on here for a while as no user listed under that name. Not that I'm looking for him but history on the car as didn't get much in the way of paperwork etc.

No not for four five years. Think he got married and bought a house in fairfordleys. Which put his plans for a turbo on hold. I don't know much about the car apart from as mentioned I walk past it on the way to station. It used to be on a set of borbet rims, grey leather and ddi dials last time I spoke to him.

Some of the older forum members should be able to give you some info on the car...

Edited by delfinis38

That's the one chap, are you in Haddenham as well then? It's not gone far, just to Aylesbury

Not far from me man, i live just outside Bicester. :dance:

We got there!!!

20140807_152430-2_zpsfebb633b.jpg

20140807_152909-2_zps190249df.jpg

Its been a bit of a journey and i've considered throwing in the towel more than once but thanks to the help of people on here and ebay she is back on the road with 12 months MOT.

I must say the VR6 sound is very nice and could get me into a lot of trouble, I haven't even missed having a stereo!