Joeker

Heated seat temperature sensor help!

Hi as in title really I need a replacement for the temperature sensor that goes in the heated seat element. Does anyone know what sort it is? And if there is another part I can get to replace it?

Thanks

Dunno if they have a sensor. It's probably just a potentiometer on the switch controlling the current to the heater element in the seat.

Does it? I'm sure my passenger one works with no-one sat in it!

It will take a lot longer to warm the top leather though when it's empty, as there's no reciprocal body heat, and also when someone sits in it, you compress the seat meaning that there is less air to heat between the pad ad the leather.

Does it? I'm sure my passenger one works with no-one sat in it!

It will take a lot longer to warm the top leather though when it's empty, as there's no reciprocal body heat, and also when someone sits in it, you compress the seat meaning that there is less air to heat between the pad ad the leather.

I was just going to say the same. And I have a bag of melted malteasers to prove it :)

My driver's seat also has a fault. The backrest heats but the seat doesn't. I found a guide on here, maybe in the Wiki, to repair the element in the heated seat pad. It's on my todo list.

There will be some kind of sensor as the seat only comes on when its sat in.

That isnt true, it does come on and still does in modern VAG cars. There is no sensor, I have a MK7 golf with heated seats too.

I think what you might have experienced is that when nobody has sat on the seat to push the leather/fabric against the elements, it often doesn't feel very warm. Then when you sit on it, everything is compressed and the heat transfers better.

That isnt true, it does come on and still does in modern VAG cars. There is no sensor, I have a MK7 golf with heated seats too.

I think what you might have experienced is that when nobody has sat on the seat to push the leather/fabric against the elements, it often doesn't feel very warm. Then when you sit on it, everything is compressed and the heat transfers better.

That makes a lot of sense!

Anybody else got info on this my passenger seat only warms up when some one is sat on it I put my hand under the leather and its cold

Yeah there will be a break in the wiring on the seat. Mine used to come on and after 10mins the relay would continuously click until i turned it off, other days it wouldnt work atall. Took the seat apart and had a loose wire connecting to the temp sensor on the seat, dab of solder later and it was fixed