Ray1965

SPARK PLUG Removal Spanner Wrench Tool for VW CORRADO

I bought the lead removal tool on its own from ebay , works fine , just had to close the end up a bit tighter as the plug can sometimes slide up when pushing them on . This one should be fine too .

I bought the lead removal tool on its own from ebay , works fine , just had to close the end up a bit tighter as the plug can sometimes slide up when pushing them on . This one should be fine too .

don't think it does leads.... it just prevents you having to have an assortment of extensions on a socket that fall apart when removing the plug..... I normally tape my extensions and socket together and they still fall apart. my only question would be is it long enough to get through the v6 engine plastic

Edited by delfinis38

don't think it does leads.... it just prevents you having to have an assortment of extensions on a socket that fall apart when removing the plug..... I normally tape my extensions and socket together and they still fall apart.

I use extensions with the buttons on the side to depress and release the socket

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_170565_langId_-1_categoryId_165469

Useful for other applications too where you don't want to drop a socket into a void

I have the spark plug socket in my tool kit , with one extension , because of the rubber grommet thingy in the end it grips the plug . Have a look at removal tool only on fleabay .

I have the spark plug socket in my tool kit , with one extension , because of the rubber grommet thingy in the end it grips the plug . Have a look at removal tool only on fleabay .

its not the gripping of the plug. when you have nipped it up and you try and remove socket and extensions that don't have the locking pip like dox has suggested your sockets is normally left on the plug and you just remove the extension and ratchet.

peronally, wouldnt put that near my plugs. lets say for example that pressed metal tool were to round one of my spark plugs, i wouldnt be too happy to say the least...

nothing wrong with investing in tools, pay some money for some decent kit, doesnt have to be snap on, halfords advanced is just as good ive found, even better price wise and it will last longer than you will have the car if you look after it.

also not really related to the post, i keep a small tool box in my boot full of "corrado" essentials, ive got RAC cover, however, i cant really be towed with a 90mm splitter and coilovers.

I bought a similar device to that from Halfords some years ago to do the plugs on my 2.0 16v - literally the first time I used it, on the very first plug, the spark plug was in so tight the tool simply bent out of shape as it was made of such soft metal. Total waste of money. Get a proper spark plug socket for your socket set.