Dox

Turbo technics 16V

It never fails to surprise me at how terrible some people are at writing adverts. No information on service history, origins of the turbo conversion, any major work that's been done.. honestly, I'm sorry if the owner posts on here but get a f@cking grip man.

It never fails to surprise me at how terrible some people are at writing adverts. No information on service history, origins of the turbo conversion, any major work that's been done.. honestly, I'm sorry if the owner posts on here but get a f@cking grip man.

If you think that's bad have a look at "Cars under £500" on Facebook...... Some don't even give the most basic of details like make and model! Location is always missed off, engine size, MOT and Tax........ Then there's the text talk and spelling to decipher.......... Still, can be quite amusing when the keyboard warriors kick off :)

Agreed Jim. Further evidence of Britain's failing education system :lol:

Well it's definitely not the later Stealth Racing enhanced kit, so this car has limited appeal imo, but it does have the TT installation plaque to please the originality whores. Turbo Technics just used the cold start injector to provide the boost fuelling and they always detonated as a result. 180hp tops. Stealth's revised kit made around 210hp and was a whole lot smoother!

For those interested, here are the basic specs:-

Decompressed with 1mm offset drilled gudgeon pins

Garrett T25 turbo running 7psi in low boost and 10.5psi high boost (if dual stage fitted)

RS Turbo intercooler

Stealth Racing's improvements were:-

4 x VR6 supplementary injectors

K Star KS-301 mini-computer to adjust the timing and run the injectors

Helix Autosport clutch

2 x exhaust cams

Plus some other minor stuff

You could build a 16V turbo now that drives a lot better than this ever did for less than the asking price, so it really does boil down to whether you specifically want a Turbo Technics original install or not.

Edited by Kevin Bacon