mic_VR

New Headunit advice needed

Afternoon all

Just wondering what headunits people are running these days? My old Panasonic is definitely looking worse for wear and I quite fancy something which has Bluetooth and iPod connectivity.

Was thinking of thishttp://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_927647_langId_-1_categoryId_165474 but I'm unsure if it'll look too modern and out of place in the 'rado.

Anyone got any good suggestions?

See now I like that, and I use an iPod Classic most of the time. How hot does it get in the tray?

hi mic_VR

i brought one of these sony dsx-s100's a few months ago when it was on offer at halfords & it is very tidy

i brought the gf one yesterday as well as they are on offer at £50!!!!! :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-DSX-S100-Media-Station-Docking/dp/B0039BWIYI

for a nifty you can not go wrong, 4*52watts & xplod feature

If I didn't need Bluetooth that S100 would be perfect. Having had a good look last night virtually no head units have rear aux in/usb..... this seems crazy as I'd think people would want to hide the wires?!

Looks like I'm going to need to stump up the cash to get either one of these high end Sony's or Pioneers as they seem to be the only ones to tick all the boxes at the moment.

More suggestions welcomed guys?

Always used Alpine HiFi in my various Corrados. The current car has the Bluetooth Single Cd/IPod Unit with selectable illumination (obv select green to match with the dash lights). It was £120 from Halfords, reduced from £150. I personally do not like a head unit with illumination that doesn't match the dash lights. The Alpine always has the feel of being meant for the car, as well as great engineering. I have never had any issue with an Alpine.

Cheers for the help guys. Couldn't find many with the rear usb and Bluetooth so ended up going for a Pioneer X9500BT. Customisable colours to I can match the dash, Good reviews, and hopefully should last another 10 years like my old one has.

I'll put up some pics once it's fitted.