Sign in to follow this  
SSS

Price on VR6 Storm

Whats a fair price on a VR6 Storm with around 100k on the clock?

Quite a few around at the moment, but all for mad money...

condition?

originality?

FSH?

HPI?

if all above are OK and youve verified that is is a Storm (search posts) then I would say £7- £8K

Only pay 2-5% more for a Storm than you would for an identical VR6. They are *really* not that distinguished, and are not appreciating any quicker than the "standard" cars.

max 7k I'd say.....someone WILL buy it for that money, but obviously try much lower first

What's been replaced?

I'd only be straying near the £7k mark if the car has had a head rebuild, and had new suspension and bushes all round..

(Not to mention the dreaded timing chains..)

Otherwise it's no better than any other 107k mile car out there - i.e. it's worn out!

I am going to take a look at the end of the week, its only local, so will find out then....

Is all about perception. The condition of the paint and the history are important in achieving big money.

Like I say, it's ALL about condition, and what's "new" on the car. A 500,000 miler is worth as much as a 100,000 miler if it's had lots of engine work, and lots of suspension work, and the paintwork is in good shape. The mileage is *almost* irrelevant!

An all-original, head-never-been-off VR6 with 100k miles on it could be a loved, well treated example that will do another 100k miles with few problems. But it's much more likely to be about to need lots of expensive remedial work..

Just bought mine 64k fsh 2 owners,in need of tlc to the bodywork,but nothing that dentmaster and chips away can`t sort out.A bit of cleaning and polishing and it will be as good as new,can`t say how much I paid :wink: but I think I got a bargain :!: :!: 8)

An all-original, head-never-been-off VR6 with 100k miles on it could be a loved, well treated example that will do another 100k miles with few problems. But it's much more likely to be about to need lots of expensive remedial work..

WAAAAH!!! Don't say that! :o :lol:

How much are they asking for it SSS?

Paid £5.5k for my one owner, 96k, FVWSH Storm last November BTW :-P

Good luck with the viewing, hope it's a good one :wink:

Just bought mine 64k fsh 2 owners,in need of tlc to the bodywork,but nothing that dentmaster and chips away can`t sort out.A bit of cleaning and polishing and it will be as good as new,can`t say how much I paid :wink: but I think I got a bargain :!: :!: 8)

Too Hot, North or south of 5K

Only pay 2-5% more for a Storm than you would for an identical VR6. They are *really* not that distinguished, and are not appreciating any quicker than the "standard" cars.

You haven't got a Storm have you ;-)