feeenix14

what cars share parts with the corrado ?

i know this is a stupid question and one that has probably been asked a billion times but what cars share their parts with corrado's ?

i thought it was mk2 golf and b4 passat, but then i think a few people have said mk3 golf aswell ? i was looking for a guide to do some wheel bearings and stumbled on one that looks right but apparently its a guide for a mk4 golf ??:scratch:

i was going to go and hunt for some old golf haynes manuals to help but now i have no idea which one to look for - and i know the bentley will be a massive help but its flipping expensive and i'm not sure how much i will use it in the long run.

and i've looked for diy guides and how to threads on here but cant find anything, in fact i dont know whats wrong with me but i struggle to navigate my way to anything i need on here, its frustrating because i know there is a ton of info on here but i cant seem to find what i need, even when i do an advanced search.

at the minute i am planning on getting haynes for old passats and mk2 - mk4 golf if i can find them cheap enough and just try and figure things out that way.

i have a few bits to do in the next few weeks, i may even start some kind of a progress thread so any advice would be a great help :thumbleft:

thanks

Sam

yes, mk2, 3 and Passat 88-96

for a 4cyl corrado, especially 16v the old pink Passat Haynes (88-91) is OK as the Passat shares much of the same parts including gearbox, Bentley is OK for some stuff but written for 2.8 US corrado SLC and US spec G60 so not everything is identical

The wing mirrors are also fitted to various TVRs.

The mid-1990s Ford Galaxy V6 has the 12v VR6 engine (2.8). Useful for intake pipes, breathers, stat housing, sensors etc. Obviously the same as the Sharan V6 of the same era as well.

Isn't there an Aston Martin with Corrado headlights?

Air cooled Beetle has front wheel bearings the same as Corrado rears

EDIT (Scirocco rears too)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTON-MARTIN-VIRAGE-1991-38-000-MILES-FROM-NEW-STUNNING-AWESOME-PERFORMANCE-/171163297207?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27da20a5b7

Edited by Dox

The wing mirrors are also fitted to various TVRs.

The mid-1990s Ford Galaxy V6 has the 12v VR6 engine (2.8). Useful for intake pipes, breathers, stat housing, sensors etc. Obviously the same as the Sharan V6 of the same era as well.

Some mercs have the VR6 as well.