robrado974

Vr6 injectors , new or ultrasonic clean

Been using the search looking at injector problems . My first question is at 150k what are the chances of them being cleaned and then being told that they have had it ? obviously they wont know until they have cleaned them , but i could end up paying for something i cant use . Having looked at prices for new ones they aint cheap . Could i use another make ,ford etc ?. I will be doing a compression test first , then checking the flow rate of the injectors . so im just looking for advice if they have a poor flow rate of fuel as this could be the answer to my starting problems .

Rob

Rob,

I've always believed that giving them an ultrasonic clean is a good alternative to new. Langers might know somewhere to get them done. When you come round in the week, remind me about my injectors to take with you.

You can send them away to mrinjector for cleaning Rob. Do a search on here, sorry I cant provide a link Im on my phone, but they give you a printout and % flow rate before and after. Someone posted it up before but I think theyre pretty well thought of.