dragon

Vr6 popping flames

I thought the smoke I was leaving under hard acceleration was due to my valve stem seals needing replacing. But I was told today by a friend that I'm popping big flames out the back . As far as I know All I have is a super sprint decat , custom cat back and scorpion backbox . Should this be happening or is my engine ready to explode lol

No blowing , fuel seems to be more or less the same as before the decat. Car feels very responsive no actual running issues just smoke from time to time , but I put that down to needing new stem seals

One of my old VR's used to do this after I had a decat + removed the centre silencer and swapped it for a straight through non-resonated pipe. Quite liked it! :lol:

Maybe the lambda sensor has gone wrong? If you haven't noticed it before or heard the popping then it could be over fuelling.

Can you plug her in and see if any codes appear?

Mines been fleggin a few flames out i think , on the rolling road day vince said my car threw a fault code for an intermittent lambda sensor ! Even though its hust been replaced

One day when your engine is on its last legs you may just get some , I have found a use for them anyway . Some guy was up my arse with full beam on at the lights and wouldn't turn them off, so I popped some flames and he backed right off

Might see me soon in engine wanted thread lol

Mine spit's flame's ;) Are you sure you still want the passenger seat ride mate?? Cos you could maybe see the Flame's with a drive by :norty:

MMMMMMhMMMM so very true Matt. what's happening with your car mate regarding the "crash"

What colour are u thinking for the wrap matey? I have to say I do like the Dragon green b good to catch up with you and the 2 chris's nxt year in fact 3 chris's (chrisL) proper down to earth bunch :thumbleft:

Not a clue yet mate just what ever takes my fancy , needs a good few biys sorting before anything happens , you will have to get your self down ere a but more often mate shame its so far away bud

Mine spit's flame's ;) Are you sure you still want the passenger seat ride mate?? Cos you could maybe see the Flame's with a drive by :norty:

Oi James! stop hogging all the cool will you! Think I may have to try both then mate. It's also fun to swap cars to see/ hear how they look/ sound when rolling ;)

Oi James! stop hogging all the cool will you! Think I may have to try both then mate. It's also fun to swap cars to see/ hear how they look/ sound when rolling ;)

:lol::lol: Sorry mate can't help it I know it's a bit childish.Mine seem's to do it with the Tesco momentum super.When mine re-emerge's from it's winter slumber i will try and get some video's,the car is looking a bit sorry at the moment only got 1 Recaro in it and all the pillar trim's off but it is all in hand the interior spruce up :)