Veearrhsix

What the 'ell is a spigot ring and is this the right thing I need? :-)

Hi there, back again, sold my VR a long time ago (still regret doing so - holding back the tears). My brother's got a 2 litre 16v one though and I've recently reconditioned some BBS wheels for it. All but one centre cap have their centre/tension rings, so I'm on the look out for a replacement ring. The ring is to fit a diameter of about 55mm. I'm sure they're 15" BBS RZ type wheels. Been looking on ebay but can't find anything close to what I'd like. Here's some pics... Thanks for looking.

Edited by Veearrhsix

No, a spigot ring is a plastic insert that fits inbetween your hub and the wheel itself. VWs have a centre bore of 57.1 mm, and the spigot will fill the gap if the centre bore is bigger on the wheel, thus centralising it so it sits correctly and reduces the risk of the wheel being slightly offset.

I reckon any cheap centre cap of the same diameter as the BBS one will have that retaining ring your after. That ring just helps push the clips out so the cap doesn't fall out with vibrations or from a slight knock.

Edited by seanl82

Received it yesterday - bent it some more and popped it into the centre cap and all is well. Now all 4's match. No more nightmares now... well not until someone tries to 'av a go at thieving them in a car park etc. :-/