Sign in to follow this  
Dubcharged

PVW G60 times

In the new PVW there's a 4wd group thrash. There are a few nutty motors (the Audi) and then theres a raddo 16v G60 and a Rallye G60.

Ok, it was wet and the raddo still needed loosening up, fair enough BUT the rallye??

0-60 9.4 secs and 0-100 22.95 secs with a chip/charger/pulley done?!?!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My 8v gti would give that a good run for its money!

C'mon guys, pleeeease tell me your G60's are faster? I know for sure my Rallye was doing 7sec 0-60's when i first bought it with just a chip/pulley/charger done. Ok, and exhaust :wink:

Ok, Rallyes have a 4wd system to carry but that should be beneficial for the 0-60.

Anyone timed theirs??

nope... i will next time the car is out. i know its quicker than 9 seconds to 60mph though!!

Timed my old G60 at 7.0 secs to 60 (after several goes). Wouldn't have been especially accurate as it was with a stopwatch- but still well below the 9sec barrier.

My G60 had a chip and pulley.

Another thing about PVW- where's the silver Corrado promised last month? Get's so dull reading about 10 different Golfs every month.... :(

Going by my timing slips from the pod I can definately say that my car is sub 9 secs as at 1/8th of a mile @74mph my elapsed times are around 9.5 secs so 0-60 is probably around 7-8secs this is only a rough figure but it is defo lower than 9 secs for sure!!

0-60 times all have one main influencing factor that people forget about.........it all depends on how brutal the driver is with the clutch...remember when magazines do performance testing they're not exactly being kind to the clutch......i wouldn't feel happy about "side-stepping" or "dumping" the clutch at over 4k revs in my motor just to get to 60 in under 7 seconds

Think Roddy is saying that the owners at the shoot-out might have been going easy on their own cars by not 'dumping' the clutch etc, whereas the magazine testers would be quite happy to really go for it.

Think Roddy is saying that the owners at the shoot-out might have been going easy on their own cars by not 'dumping' the clutch etc, whereas the magazine testers would be quite happy to really go for it.

thats what i was trying to put across..........i think i drive my vr reasonably hard...til my m8 told me i drive like i'm "driving miss daisy"............

hey Brian...didnt realise it was you behind me tonight??

at least I hope it was.

Were you trying to keep up on union grove...if so you were burned good and proper ;)

only realised must be you when you flashed lights at turn off

:)

alos ..why are the forums 1 hour slow....i demnd recognition for my drunken awakeness.

time for bed now hto

hey Brian...didnt realise it was you behind me tonight??

at least I hope it was.

Were you trying to keep up on union grove...if so you were burned good and proper ;)

only realised must be you when you flashed lights at turn off

:)

Yeah it was me!!! I thought you was blind cause i flashed you at the roundabout before that too!!! And no, You went through the lights, floored it. i then realised you floored it and kinda joined in. It werent Digi-lag im afraid, it was oh, he's just floored it kinda lag!!! If you think you could of lost me with that passenger in the back then you are sorely mistaken!!! :lol: ;) As it is, im keeping off the throttle too much til the car gets a bit of work done next week! :shock: Just hope it aint gonna be a big bill, tho knowin mine, it will be! :cry:

yeah I got it sorted a while back. Was just one of the hoses, easy fix :)

I can now breathe safely :)

Quote: "If you think you could of lost me with that passenger in the back then you are sorely mistaken!!!"

This be fighting talk in this here forum!!!!! :twisted:

heheh dubcharged

Brian, have you chipped your g60 now? what have you done to yours? fisrst and last time i saw you had jabba charger but cant remember what mods, will need to meet up again sometime for a scan about

munkay, Wanna Race??? ;) You'll have to take me out in yours so i can feel the power of this here SNS spud then! ;) :lol:

hehe :)

that was terrible...but I am forgiving, so give me a shout if you want to have a look and spin in car :)

0-60 times all have one main influencing factor that people forget about.........it all depends on how brutal the driver is with the clutch...remember when magazines do performance testing they're not exactly being kind to the clutch......i wouldn't feel happy about "side-stepping" or "dumping" the clutch at over 4k revs in my motor just to get to 60 in under 7 seconds

Me neither.... alot of mags quote 6.4 secs for the VR6 - sounds about right but only if being brutal with the clutch - side stepping or dumping the clutch kills engine mounts and puts strain on pretty much every component... maybe Im soft but I much prefer the idea of getting the car rolling gently first then flooring it which is alot less stressful on the car *:)

Oh.. and 4k revs and dumping the clutch in any conditions will result in mucho wheel spin and you not going forwards :p :lol: