mofish66

paul

Well 4 years of work over,really pleased with work as now immaculate in every way

Question is now to sell or not to sell

Anyone any idea what she is worth now with all this work done , in brief full vw history , full engine rebuild with 're-con 2l Audi bottom end and 're-con kr top end , full retrim inside Inc headlining door cards etc, all new suspension,brakes,bushes,everything really it's like a new car !! It's an 89 so quite an early one and now far to good for trackday s which is what I intended it for , just got a bit carried away . Have centre caps for wheels they are just off as I was still playing around with suspension in photos, think it sits so nice now !

really don't want to post on this but after seeing what other valver's go for £2k very max probably sound's nothing 2 you but that's car's I'm afraid.

Yeah I think given the work you've put into it you've got a good possibility of getting top end money for it.. I'd advertise it at 2,500-3,000 but with a comprehensive advert detailing all the work done. Alternatively breaking it for parts would probably net you a greater return, not that I'd advocate such a course of action!

looks great wish my valver looked as good as that, top work on it

I'd pay £3k for it based on what i paid for my valvers in the past

I would go for £3.5k Don't know what I was drinking yesterday :drinking: very nice indeed keep it mate enjoy it yourself :)

Cheers guys , I think it prob right about keeping and enjoying but I'm sure you all prob know for some reason we do all this work to our cars to get them perfect then think about moving on to another project !! Don't know how many times I said during the restoration once this is finished I'm never selling this car ha ha . I also do admire people who have lovely cars and then still drive/track them as where is the fun in not using it cause your frightened of ruining it .

If it stays I can also look back into the plan of having a supercharged 16v , anybody know the work involved ???