martinb

Jabba Sport G60 Supercharger Rebuilds

I'm looking to get the charger rebuilt on my Corrado G60 in the near future and of all the recommended companies, Jabba Sport seem the best choice for me as they are fairly close and I would rather them do all the fitting etc as they are not that far from me and can give the car a once over while they are at it.

I just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with them / their charger rebuilds? Is it possible to have it done while you wait?

Is the stage 4 worth the extra money over their standard charger rebuild? What benefits / differences should I expect from the stage 4 over the standard rebuild (power / performance, noise, reliability etc).

The car is already fitted with a chip / pulley, jabbasport induction kit, RSR outlet etc.

Obviously I plan to call them, but interested in peoples experiences and unbiased opinions first.

Thanks in advance...

terrible customer service a few years back...couldnt care less attitude

id suggest taking it off diy or at a local garaage and send it in somewhere that actualy wants the work

John Mitchell Racing is the guy to go to for charger rebuilds. Based in littlehampton near Brighton. Worth the extra drive.

:)

We do drive in/drive out Martin, we don't do porting work same day though.

Porting sure does make a difference, you'll need a new chip and re-tune to get the most from it. Our Stage 2 porting which opens up the exhaust port and the air channels to the intermediate shaft will see you approx 20bhp with a chip, porting is more noticed when engine work is matched to it, bigger cam etc this in when the extra air really does it justice :)

I know I'm a bit of a trek for you like and I'll say I'm worth it obviously lol but I'd prefer to let others tell you that :)

I used Jabbasport for the rebuild of my charger, as I was new to the G60's I wanted them to check everything else was within spec at the same time.

I only went for a standard rebuild, but had to leave them the car for day.

Service was excellent, and I couldn't fault there level of customer service. They even dropped me to the railway station and collected me the following day.

Brian, is one of the main guys there and does all the charger rebuilds. He is very approachable and makes time to listen to your needs and issues.

I even got pictures of the internals of the charger sent to me to show what it was like after.

I also had the timing belt, tensioner and the pulley bolt changed. Just for a piece of mind

Edited by sankysvr6

Thanks for all the replies. The quoted price over the phone to Jabba was actually a fair bit higher than the advertised prices on their website and as Matt@ocd has always been very helpful with his advice via forums and in person when I have met him at shows, I starting to think it may be worth the extra drive. Matt you have pm....

Good for you Martin you are using someone who you have had advice from/met at show's not just following the sheep :salute:

I used jabbasport a few months ago and they are amazing the service was good the people are amazing and was really happy with my stage 4 re-build induction and general set up.

Then my cam belt went a couple months after i rang them and they sent me a new head and everything that i would need to get the whole job done and they did it quick!

As for brain he is a diamond! I've often spoke to him just for advice on things and he is always more than happy to help!

John Mitchell would be my first port of call based on everything I've read on here over the years :) Can't comment on the OCD guys as I don't know anyone who's been to them yet but they certainly look promising :)