maff

93 facelift sunroof help!

Does anybody have a sunroof for sale from a late 93 onwards corrado as the donor I was using to repair mine is no good:-(

Basically the cartridge is all good but the front fixing runner has snapped, so can I buy individual pieces? I have tried to remove parts from a donor sunroof which didn't go that well.

Is my donor sunroof from an early corrado? as the switchgear doesn't line up or is my sunroof cartridge out of my 93 corrado which has a moonroof actually a passat item?

Here's some pics to compare the two, please can somebody help me out with either a replacement sunroof or gubbins

here's the two cartridges side by side, the one that was removed from my 93 car has the rear drain pipes which go straight out of the rear

image_zpsb10bf957.jpg

Next the two motors from each old and new sunroofs, donor is the one with wires coming out of it.

image_zpsb0a3cfea.jpg

Next the barcode from the cartridge, frame removed from my car, it's says 93 on the motor I've removed from the car so surely this isn't a complete passat cartridge and moonroof?

image_zps871158ae.jpg

I'm confused and need to get the sunroof fixed asap as it's in my mates unit and is using up space, can anybody help, please!:-)

Edited by maff

I removed the headlining in my early valver breaker today I will have a look tomorrow at the motor/cartridge take a couple of pic's for you mate maybe it will help clarify.

I have a facelift valver (92) which has the later exterior but early interior. I swapped all the interior over from a 93 which had the late interior. I don't think the cartridges are any different in terms of motor as i fitted the later motor into mine with no problems at all...

thing is all the corrado motors I've looked at don't plug into my wiring inside the car? so the early 92

And I cannot use the motor I removed from my sunroof and use it on my donor sunroof as the motor does not fit!

I think I'll try and source a passat sunroof for

96-98 or I've heard a seat Ibiza sunroof is

also a direct fit.

Still really confused what I have in my car??:-(

I have found a seat Ibiza sunroof from a 1998car and have read that this will fit the corrado, anybody know if it will?

cheers

I have found a seat Ibiza sunroof from a 1998car and have read that this will fit the corrado, anybody know if it will?

cheers

If it's the mk2 ibiza (which i think it should be that year) it will fit I fitted a glass one to one of my rados a few years ago and it fitted perfectly

I've just taken a MK3 golf cartridge out of mine and fitted a moonroof from a B4 passat The golf cartridge fitted fine and just had the rado panel fitted

If it's the mk2 ibiza (which i think it should be that year) it will fit I fitted a glass one to one of my rados a few years ago and it fitted perfectly

Thanks, just found out its a manual version though, I wonder if I could fit my electric motor to it?

Didn't think if have this much trouble trying to sort the sunroof:-(

Here's the pic's of my early sunroof motor.[ATTACH=CONFIG]76480[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]76481[/ATTACH]

Cheers clumpy, thats the same as my donor sunroof, not like the one i have in my car, i'm hoping a golf mk3 sunroof will fit!

Ah right so I could use a mk3 golf sunroof also then?

Only the cartridge from the mk3 not the glass as it is more curved than the corrado

Thanks, just found out its a manual version though, I wonder if I could fit my electric motor to it?

Didn't think if have this much trouble trying to sort the sunroof:-(

Yes you can fit your motor to the manual sunroof cartridge that's what I had to do