jezzaG60

Corrado Tdi Conversion

**Finally got some time and motivation to sort my corrado out so this has now been removed from the car and needs to go**

Due to another change of plan and the possibility of another engine coming up I may be selling the complete tdi conversion out of my corrado.

Its a 90bhp 1z engine from a passat, it will come complete with:

Modified pedal box (passat tdi one is not a direct fit due to the throttle potentiometer, I have modified it to be a bolt in fitment)

G60 intercooler and pipework to be a straight bolt in swap.

All wiring and ECU, Immobiliser removed and ECU re-mapped to about 120bhp

Corrado fuel tank modified to fit diesel pickup and filler

Passat TDI Gearbox

Corrado G60 radiator and pipework to fit engine.

Corrado 8v airbox lid to fit Tdi AFM with an OEM look

Full Super Sprint exhaust system and downpipe to meet up with it (THE best corrado exhaust for fitment and look IMO)

Basically everything to be a bolt in conversion for anyones corrado. Could easily do the complete swap in a weekend as its all a straight bolt in swap.

I'd be looking for £600 and your pedal box in return.

Edited by jezzaG60

Quick update with a pic. Engine has a new cam belt kit on it, new aux belt. It has 110bhp injectors fitted.

2ED79F2F-7649-4658-923C-CB5940CFEBFA-2267-0000053ABBCA610F_zps20733b2d.jpg

I think a friend still has the engine cover kicking around, I'll try and see if I can track it down.

Up again,will go on eBay later.

Is this still available? What is the mileage on the engine, presumably it runs well?

Still available at the moment, I have someone interested in just the engine so the other conversion parts may be available separately now. Unsure on the mileage to be honest. Clocks say 56000 but I don't believe that looking at the rest of the vehicle the engine came from. Seems to run OK, just replaced the cambelt on it.

Thanks for the info. This may become irrelevant as I would want everything including the engine.

In terms of the engine, does it start first time everytime? Any smoke on startup or when giving it some gas? Any concerning rattles? Why are you removing it all? Were you not happy with the conversion?

Hopefully this information will help me and your sale.

Cheers, Dave

I'm removing the engine as a 20v turbo motor I buillt for a friend has come up at a price I couldn't

Refuse (2.0, fully built and 450bhp) My corrado has been off the road for 5 years, I put the Diesel engine in last year as I had the parts lying around and thought it would be interesting to do. Engine starts on the button, nothing particularly unusual about how it sounds. If I was being picky I would get the injectors re-built as they were only a scrap yard find.

Nothing wrong with the conversion, I just want my corrado as a weekend and track toy, diesel just isn't the thing for that.

does any one know if this is still for sale or has it been sold??

cheers jay

Bump from the dead.... Finally got some motivation and time to start my corrado re-build so this has been removed and is ready to go.