P3rks

Wheel alignment - Sheffield, where to go?

I need a wheel alignment for my Corrado VR6. In Sheffield.

I'm struggling finding anyone who will have the car who A) will touch something with coilovers and b) who isn't retarded.

I've just took the car to Challenger tyres on a few local recommendations, booked it in, explained its on coilovers but it's only a subtle drop.

I get there to be tutted at saying they don't do anything modified as they don't know what to set it at - I explained factory; I want 0 toe and -1.2 camber. That's it. They put it on the ramps mess about for a bit then call me over.

Eher mate, we can't do owt.. Durrr, it needs adjustable top mounts innit.

I explain about the two bolts holding the suspension arm to the hub carrier.

His eyes glaze over like I've just asked him for Einsteins equation for the theory of relativity. Eher, mate, I can do that but it's not the propa way. And it'll be £100+vat because it's 'ard.

Get it off the ramps, forget about it.

So... Any recommendations for where to take the VR?

Cant help you mate but thisis exactly what i got when i tried getting mine done ! Urgg its to stiff or ohh it wont go in the ramp or i cant get this bolt undone or iv run out of heat you will have to come back or i cant seem to get it to the right degree of camber , **** school drop outs with half the training needed to achive the job there trying to do ! Makes me mad !!

Good luck with it though haha

I would have thought driving it up and down any road in Sheffield readjusts the tracking and camber every day given the top quality potholes I see every time I take the 4x4 through that way.. :)

Hi try these, i think my lad used this company ,not sure tbh, try them give them a ring

Autodynamics

197-201 Attercliffe Rd

Sheffield, South Yorkshire S4 7XF

0114 243 1019

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm actually away in Maidenhead at the moment and the local garage bang next to my sisters flats are sorting it out. £96 though. Ouch. Although the guys really seem customer focused and know what they are doing. You can't put a price on that. :)