Roger Chatfield

Oil temp sender, where to get one and part number please.

Evening chums, as some of you know the oil temp on my mfa is reading high so I'm thinking I probably need a new sender.

So, where is best place to buy one, also does anyone know the part number.

Many thanks,

Rog.

Just order from Volkswagen themselves. I'd be surprised if this is an obsolete part yet - I recently ordered both the high and low pressure senders from Volkswagen which sit in front of the oil temperature sensor on the oil filter housing.

Be warned - you're in for some fun getting to it, and swapping it as access is extremely limited :)

Still available from the dealer…

I did this recently but had the hole filter housing off.. Access was a combination of from underneath, down behind the radiator and through the drivers side headlight..

Still available from the dealer…

I did this recently but had the hole filter housing off.. Access was a combination of from underneath, down behind the radiator and through the drivers side headlight..

I also found out recently that if you undo the front engine mount and jack the front of the engine up access becomes much easier.

Thanks for all the info chaps, I've just ordered one from VW heritage using the part number quoted, I'll let you know how I get on.

Rog.

Edited by Roger Chatfield

Have you checked the condition of the connector on it? The electrical connectors have no rubber boot like the pressure sensors and corrode.