JAM11E

Spoiler relay/control module

VAG-hag,this is what your looking for

u8unu7u2.jpg

vy3uhesu.jpg

If you can make out the long number on the top,if it ends in C,it's the 58mph relay,if its an A,it's the 45mph one ! (I think that's the right way around,lol)

Please note,mine are not for sale !

The plug connections vary between early and late too, early ones have 5 pins sticking out the back.

If there is no suffix letter after the part number you have a German one at 72mph - this was the original design speed for spoiler deployment.

The plug connections vary between early and late too, early ones have 5 pins sticking out the back.

If there is no suffix letter after the part number you have a German one at 72mph - this was the original design speed for spoiler deployment.

Mate could you clear up this post you are saying there is a difference between early and late but don't say what I have one of these from an early 16v for the guy who need's one but don't want to send it to him if it is of no use to him.Thank's

Mate could you clear up this post you are saying there is a difference between early and late but don't say what I have one of these from an early 16v for the guy who need's one but don't want to send it to him if it is of no use to him.Thank's

I did, early ones have 5 pins sticking out the back.

Late ones have a 'proper' multipin plug connection as per the photo on the first page of the thread.

Its not a clear cut case of early and late as the 88 and 89 model year cars have lots of differences compared to the 90+ cars due to production changes, side trims are of a different plastic, the outer window scrapper seals are shorter and the window surround seal is different etc etc.

Easiest way is to get him to pull his spoiler control unit and send you a picture.

Thanks mate I get what you mean now mine is the same as the one in the picture. Appreciate the reply :)