P3rks

SOLD - VR6 Cylinder head

My spare VR6 cylinder head I was going to get skimmed, but I've gone for a re-manufactured head instead which was mega bucks :bonk:

It's from a 1997 Golf OBD2, so it is the newer design with the improved oil channels for the cam chains. And for those that don't know it's the identical head casting as the 2.9, the only difference is the cams which you can swap yours over easy enough.

Removed from a fully working car, didn't over heat or smoke, no ticking or tappet sound either. All the stud are good too. I was simply going to give it a skim and change the stem seals for good measure.

IMG_5891-1.jpg

IMG_5890-1.jpg

£50 plus postage which will be £10 at a guess.

Located in Sheffield.

Edited by P3rks
SOLD

So this would bolt onto an ABV engine no problems, simply with the cams swapped?

Yes.

Same part number as the corrado's, same casting. With all intents and purposes everything is identical, bar the cams (as you say a simple swap with yours). The only difference is that the later OBD2 heads have a large port for oil flow onto the top of the chains.

On the second picture; if you look on the side of the head under the cam sprockets you can just make out a large funny shaped hole. OBD1 heads don't have that and rely solely on the oil running up the chains from the bottom end for lubrication.

Edit: here you go:

DF37E3FF-D350-4F86-B58B-7EEA841F9DF9.jpg

Edited by P3rks