diarmaid16

Wet Rear Floor

The floor behind the driver's seat in my C is absolutely soaked and I can't see any obvious signs of where the water is getting in.

Can't get a proper look at it as it hasn't stopped raining here for the last 2 weeks.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea where the water is getting in?

Cheers

When this happened to me it was the door seal membrane. I asked my girlfriend to hold water hose spraying my windows and I was sitting inside to check the leak. It was obvious in my case and I had to re-do the door membrane.

Thanks Bill. I did do a search believe it or not! Just seems to bring up the same 20 pages no matter what I search for.

also check the rear lights, and down the sides of the bottom edge of the wheel arches in the boot, water can run quite quickly into the footwells of the car from the back, but I have to agree the door membranes and door skin design are rubbish and this is where water usually gets in, unless it's on the passenger side when the fan intake scuttle seal can let it pour in.

As above its a weak point and also check the black triangle plastic that sits in front of the wing mirror is seated properly . Ive only just dried my car out as a result of this .

Another to add to the list - my missus used my car last week and parked it face up on an incline on the drive. (I always reverse up), and my drivers carpets were drenched. It was coming through the grommet for the throttle cable, so worth a check there too.