DavyDave

Armor Door plate for Corrado handles

Hi Guys

Anyone know where I can buy pair of Armor Door Plate for Corrado Door handles.

I've tried eBay, but the only company selling there for VW no longer produces for the Corrado. Passat, Vento, Golf, anything but the C.

I'm also after a couple of new handles as well, as my VR6 as nicked last year and the scotes screw drivered up both handles so they won't open from the outside!

If anyone knows any suppliers, mucho apreciated. I haven't tried eBay for the handles yes, thought I'd enquire here first as I know how great the experienced members are for tips.

cheers

dave

Hi mate

Excellent. I assume the pair of handles include all the internal gubbins, at kleast the parts that seems to have broken on both sides.

What sort of price where you looking for them?

Re: the armour plate protectors -- I have it from a couple of sources they definitely where available, but alas it seems no longer for the Corrado though other VWs.

cheers

dave

The handles are whole and complete. £45 posted for the pair? If the rob dogs damaged the latchs I have those too but im sure they wont have.

I have seen armour plates on rados over the last 10-15 years but always seem to have been adapted to suit

Corrado door handles don't require armour door plates. The design of the handles and lever mechs makes them almost impossible to break in with a screwdriver/knife under or above the handle itself; which is what armour door plates are used for. The thief will just go straight for the locks or window.

Obviously armour plates could stop door damage around the locks, but if the dirty scummer is willing to break in to your car I think that's the least if your worries.

That sounds okay.

Need to get back to my garage guy about the latches just to double check. Not sure if I can fit the handles myself without effing everything up.

Do you have Paypal account, if so I can transfer the loot.

cheers

dave

Edited by DavyDave

Hi Chris

Ooops, I sent an email yesterday to the address you gave me for paypay... best just paste it in...

"Actually my garage guy is servicing/MOTing the VR6 soon, and said he’d fit the handles for free same time – but he did ask me what I was getting exactly.

I’m not at all mechanicy past changing spark plugs... Sorry to be a pain but could you tell me what the handles comprise in total, mechanically?

cheers mate"

dave

Ok mate, didnt get the email.

The handles ard fixed by one screw. Basically unscrew your old one, detach the plug and it comes away. 2 mins tops.

if you can do spark plugs then this is childs play :)

Hi Chris

Sorry about the delay, been away for weekend... time to get my VR6 fixed so I don;t have to crawl through rear to get doors open!

I'll paypal you the £45 and email my address to you if that's okay.[ATTACH=CONFIG]77658[/ATTACH]