Hofmiester

Thoughts on ROTA D154 wheels on Corrado

Looking for some show rims for my Blackberry, won't pay £1500 for a set of BBS splits :) I have too much on a conscience that I could take my kids for a nice holiday for that kind of cash so budget is sub £700 for rims (got tyre)

Found these ROTA wheels but no pics of them on a C, they look nice and retro.

http://www.driftworks.com/rota-d154-16-wheels-all-colours.html

Pic in 5 stud guise

http://rotablog.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1375154_675070342503420_635152399_n.jpg

On a mk4, think they would look better on a C and the Mk4 looks too modern for these rims

http://dudesphotography.smugmug.com/Events/SEMA-2013/i-qH2sKNN/0/L/59-IMG_7914-L.jpg

Come in the perfect size too, 16x8 ET30

What do you guys think?

1500 for BBS splits, you got a 3 wheeler?

Those Rotas look good.. Could you get a photoshop done to see how they would look?

1500 for BBS splits, you got a 3 wheeler?

Those Rotas look good.. Could you get a photoshop done to see how they would look?

:lol: It's gonna be one of them day's I think. Yeah need to photoshop to see how they would look not sure that size is spot on either Ron my TH's are 8x16 can't remember the offset but I have a 10mm spacer on the back as they were too tucked without I know you were wanting to get away from using spacer's/adapter's.

They look similar to zender turbos. Google that Ron, there are a couple of polished sets without the cutouts around the centre on Corrados. Look good!

I like them wheels but just not sure on a Corrado. May work with a bit of colour coding round the edges of the cut outs....

With a £700 budget have you thought about a set of RS reps?

I like them wheels but just not sure on a Corrado. May work with a bit of colour coding round the edges of the cut outs....

With a £700 budget have you thought about a set of RS reps?

RS reps? Do you have a link?

I won't do fake splits :)

They're all fake splits I think Ron. Personally not a fan of fake splits myself but I know some people don't mind them so just thought I'd throw it in there.

RS reps? Do you have a link?

I won't do fake splits :)

NNNooooooooooo RS rep's are notorious for quality issue's even the more well known one's You could have mine for £700 Ron ;)

Ronal Turbos were available in 16x7.5, look much the same (except they're actually retro. :lol:) and will cost about £700, if the sets on US eBay are anything to go by.

Most of the truly retro wheels seem to be 15", I just bought a gorgeous set of Atiwe Typ 90s for my Golf (15x7) and I thought they were dear at £400! On previous owner's car:

image2-full.jpg

Personally I can't stand most 'scene' BBS wheels, they just don't appeal to me. Buck the trend and get some nice five-spokes!

Stone

I personally can't stand the 'scene' take a perfectly good car and make it undriveable. It's ridiculous

You can't call it art either. A Polo is not art.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Screw this..... Gona put the solitudes back on and be done with it :)

Original Solitudes or Speedlines. Just can't beat a clean VR on original Speedlines to be honest.

Original Solitudes or Speedlines. Just can't beat a clean VR on original Speedlines to be honest.

Got a freshly refurbished set of solitudes stashed away. Never been on the car since the refurb but I'm going to give them a try at the weekend.

Definately prefer solitudes to speedlines.....i really dislike speedlines