Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Electric windows

Are both front windows on a C one touch up and down? If so then I've got a problem with the passenger window!

And.....

Why can I not put both windows down at the same time? If the drivers window is on its way down using one touch, then the passenger window wont move until the drivers one stops....weird :?

Help

The ones on mine are both one-touch down, but not up. As to the other part, I can't answer it, but I can tell you that mine's the same. SO....either both are all right, or both are knackered :?

OK, this is the official workings of the windows, as stated in the handbook.

Driver's side = One touch up and down.

Pass side = One touch down only (saftey reasons)

Both windows share the same thermal fuse, so pressing both buttons together drops one window, and then the other.

Both windows remain operational for up to 1 hour after the ignition is switched off, but some non-full closure alarms interfere with that.

K

OK, this is the official workings of the windows, as stated in the handbook.

Both windows share the same thermal fuse, so pressing both buttons together drops one window, and then the other.

Both windows remain operational for up to 1 hour after the ignition is switched off, but some non-full closure alarms interfere with that.

K

boo-hoo :cry: :cry: ive only got 1 touch down on my drivers-side :cry: :cry:

kevhaywire wrote,

cool, happy now :D

i've had my '90 16v 5 years and the passenger sides never been one touch either way using the passenger switch, though the driver's side switch arrangement works as advertised! Is that right???? thought the passenger switch would be one touch too :wink:

both my windows are one touch down and not up, thats fine with me but they dont seem to go all the way up, especially when i lock the doors and they go up themselves, they only stop about a couple of mm before the top so im not worried but does anyone have any ideas.

by the way its a us spec g60 if that helps