MoonlightVR6

Those pesky minor electrical problems.

I have a couple of minor faults on my Corrado, the milage box that has the milage of the car the backlight has packed up. Can this be fixed with a bulb or do I need a whole new cluster? I need to change the heater matrix when it warms up so I can hold off on that until sunnier weekends, but any prep info would be appreciated.

The handbrake light on the dash, always on. The handbrake itself works as it should although it is rather stiff to lift (the car has been sorned for the past 5 years though). I assumed it was the switch under the handle but I pushed it down with a metal rod and it didn't do anything.

Could this be a wiring or some sort of sensor at the other end?

just a direct bulb replacement - i think its a 509T, but I'm sure someone can confirm. Very easy to do - remove the clocks, near the bottom on the back you'll see two bulb holders (black plastic 'screw' heads), just unscrew the one you need to replace. Its a 90 degree turn only and it'll pop out.

Handbrake looks like your switch is faulty as it is not opening the circuit.

Thanks Fla,

Awesome, at least that should be straight forward to replace when I do the heater matrix.

RE: the handbrake, is that the switch that is under the handbrake itself?

My handbrake does that, i have to unplug the bit on top of the brake fluid reservoir under the bonnet, never understand why, but its been unplugged for 8yrs and 90,000miles

I tried some Fader lube which is a contact lube / cleaner for my dj mixer, didn't work. Kill me! I think I'll have to just buy the part.

I havne't tried the removing the fluid cap, but I would be worried it would all splosh out so I;'d rather just buy the switch if I could...

Sorry for the delayed reply, I disconnected it and it fixed the issue. Then whille topping up brake fluid, I gave the ball cock thing in the brake fulid a clean, it appears it had got a bit grimey and got stuck at the min level, it now works fine! Thanks for the pointer :-)

1 less thing to worry about.