ross k

which flywheel bolts do i need

hi guys im putting an abf in my car really soon im using my current 02a gear box and flywheel what bolts do i need to use to hold the flywheel on as ive heard their stretch bolts and cant be replaced any other parts i should be replacing obviously timing belt water pump etc any advice would be great do i use these bolts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-FLYWHEEL-BOLTS-N90206103-NEW-GENUINE-PART-6-SET-/380776575870?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58a80d737e

I heard about the not to be reused thing after I had reused mine. I just used thread lock on them. Have done about 20,000miles and not had a flywheel through the bonnet yet.

Flywheel bolts are stretch items so should really be replaced and torqued up correctly. I'd buy them from a main dealer as they aren't that expensive.

Sorry I don't know which bolts would fit, I assume that you are using a 1.8/2.0 flywheel?

Depending on budget and how long you plan to keep the car I'd consider replacing:

all engine/gearbox mounts

new clutch and release bearing (I assume you're doing this)

front crossmember bushes

water pump

Neil