Sign in to follow this  
Johnboy98

Shrek Manifold ! Throttle body gas flow! LPG Corrado VR6

It would also be cheaper for cars that dont have a cat as well like mine ...what do you mean Chubby ?

Will post picks soon enough when I get my new mods done I will post a small portfolio.

I pay 24 quid a bottle and they are 47kg jobies about 92 to 94 ltrs per tank. so thats roughly 25 to 27 p a ltr.

Will try and find you the link from where i purchased the pump as i bought it an age ago.

:offtopic1:

Hi Kev, just admiring your shrek with the VR6 badge how did you accomplish such a smart lookin mod?

Oh and how did or do you find the ngk iridium plugs ?

:roll:

Didn't Top Gear find that used veg oil from a Mexican restaurant with 5% white spirit gave the best results?

Erm yeah, it's good for a short time, but the white spirit will destroy pretty much everything after a while. The easiest option is to use straight Canola oil and all you need is a heater on the fuel line to thin it up before it hits the injectors. Apart from it being 'cheaper' than mineral diesel, the good thing about using veg oil is that it actually has better engine lubrication properties than mineral diesel. Beware of some filling stations that sell 'Bio Diesel TM' tho. It's got maybe 5% veg oil in it (so you get the lubrication) and the rest is mineral diesel. And it costs more than standard diesel :roll:

If you're really keen, you can recycle used chip fat from your local chippy, get the fatty acids out of it and you're laughing. It requires some filtering and chemical jiggery pokery before it's safe to use in your engine though.

The only bugger about using veg oil is you are still supposed to pay fuel tax on what you use making it not a lot cheaper than standard diesel. Still takes money out of the big oil, Bush funding gits pockets though :D

I did quite a bit of research on what was the best type of veg fuel to run a car on a while ago, so if you're interested in converting a car, the Bio Power group seem to make the best combination of new and used veg fuels that you can use. It seems to only be available in Wales at the moment, but it's a good source of info, maybe you can set up your own filling station with it :D

Interesting last point - the diesel engine was originally designed to run on ANY oil, the first engine that Mr. Diesel made actually ran on peanut oil. It was only after a few years when the big oil companies realised that they could sell some of their crappy by-product as diesel fuel that it all went down hill. IIRC Brazil even have veg oil filling stations.

A 47kg Propane cylinder holds 91 litres.

When I said about not having a cat,I meant our 16valver as its on a 'G' plate :D

The only problems I've heard about with veg oil is that it needs to be warmed when its cold,nothing an in tank heater wouldnt cure,they were going on about it on Radio 2 one day and I can concurr that peanut oil was the original fuel for mr diesels engine.

Electric pumps iirc I thought were about a £1000,I'll have a look at the website for the handpump.

Our company uses remanufacturing services in Swansea.

Ive seen gypsy travellers using red heating oil and engine oil to power a sherpa/ldv

mind you there was a wee bit of smoke :wink: :wink:

:offtopic1:

Hi Kev, just admiring your shrek with the VR6 badge how did you accomplish such a smart lookin mod?

Hi mate. That's just a Golf VR6 grille badge with the lugs cut off and stuck to the manifold :lol: Only really stuck it on out of curiousity but it seems to work.

Oh and how did or do you find the ngk iridium plugs ?

:roll:

I put them in when the engine was being grumpy. The engine didn't run any differently so I took them out to save for the new head and Shrek etc, but Roddy wanted a set urgently for his engine, so I gave them to him to use instead. They seemed fine and the engine didn't seem to dislike them, so thumbs up on them.

K