Grum21

Master cylinder g60 with ABS

hi, my master cylinder is shot so been looking for a replacement and like most parts for g60 not easy to find!!

My corrado has ABS which just seems make it harder to find, i have searched forums and still havent been able find a straight answer to where i can either get a replacement g60 master cylinder or whether other vag models have a master cylinder that is a direct fit!!

Any help with this would be great

thanks G!

If parts are looking difficult to source new, i think the next step would be to look at having the parts refurbished like you have to do for many classic parts.

The company bellow is one I just picked from google, but there are probably others. Maybe try giving them a call and see if they can help you out.

http://www.jlspares.co.uk/further.htm

If there is one thing us British are good at, it has to be our engineering skills.

Hi mate,

I may be able to help you with an ABS master cylinder. I have one which I removed from my 1993, 2 litre MK3 Golf Cabby when I upgraded it to VR6 power, brakes and running gear. The part number on the cylinder is 10.6123-0690.3 and it's an ATE unit. As you can see from the photos below it only has the two outlets for the two lines running to the ABS pump. It was working perfectly when removed.

I've typed that part number into Google and found a discussion on this very subject, on this Forum from 2012. The cylinder is 23mm internal and the general consensus of opinion seems to be that is compatible with the Corrado. Check your part number and have a read through the Corrado Forum posts on Google. If you think this one will do your job, drop me a PM.

P3250002.jpg

P3250001.jpg

Edited by leon263