rishi

VR6 Problem need help ASAP

Hi all, im getting very stressed now as my corrado VR6 (1995)is starting then cutting out its intermittent.

1. I thought it was immobiliser so I wd40'd the 3 pin connector behind dash (transponder box connector)then drove for a day.

2. problem happened again so took all dash undertrays and say a bodged up alarm so had someone out to remove it. started and drove fine for 2 days.

3. problem happened again. so I ordered a new ecu relay (109) but its still not starting

fault code is saying engine start blocked by immobiliser. any ideas? as im off road AGAIN and feel like setting the car on fire lol.

could it possibly be something to do with the immobiliser collar around the ignition that is not communicating with the immobiliser itself

IIRC someone on here had a similar issue & it turned out to be a fault with the wire which goes from the collar to the fuse board

Tried your spare key?

If you have more than one car key on the same keyring remove it as the immobiliser could be reading the wrong key

Tried your spare key?

If you have more than one car key on the same keyring remove it as the immobiliser could be reading the wrong key

good point Dox

if there are more than 1 key & they have different code chips in them it will cause the engine to start & then cut out - i had this when i changed my ignition barrel

FYI if it is related it should be possible to split the plastic part of the key & swap the chip over ;)

Rishi - if you do a search on here there was a recent post about the collar....in fact ive found it as i had posted on it - try this http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=85523

There's also an issue where the reader coil's plug corrodes where it connects to the control box. Trace it back and clean/reseat the connection.

okay checked all wiring and the car is now running (SO HAPPY) BUT... fuse 19 keeps blowing the 30 amp one for the rad fans, any ideas on this one?

dvla should have corrados as tax exempt as every time you want to drive it something goes wrong the corrado wants to slap you in the face and say leave me alone lol

Its true, even after replacing most of mine, it still seems to go wrong, even the bits i've replaced need replacing :(

ok I have jjust removed the fan control module (black rectangular box next to expansion tank) and it rattles like there are a few things loose inside...

also does anyone know how to wire up the fan to a switch on the dash? I have done a search but cant find a guide that tells you how its done.

Ok I got another module off a mk3 vr6 plugged in and went for a long drive, still blowing the 30amp fuse 19. Fans not kicking in either. Really stressing now as the last thing I want is overheating.

Also forgot to mention is few months ago the battery was catching the fan and burst battery acid all over the bay, since then the fan was on from start up until I parked it up just before the immobiliser problems

Also looked at the cooling guide and checked the fans by bridging the rad switch terminals with the common terminal but no joy, then to check stage 3 I bridged the terminals of the black sender on the thermostat housing and the stage 3 worked. I'm so confused right now

yes I did check but im going to have a deeper look as it was raining yesterday. drove it today and I could hear the stage 3 fan kick in at 100degrees. I swear a ghost lives under my bonnet lol

just checked all wiring. WHAT A MISSION!! all taped back up but couldn't find any problems with wiring.. any ideas?

car has been working but the problem happened again, was driving and got pulled by the police, once I sat back in my car to drive away it didn't start so had to get towed home. I have tried a different ecu as my diagnostic scanner isn't connecting (link error) but even with the new ecu it turns over but wont fire, any other suggestions before I smash it up with a sledge hammer and burn it? lol

I would definatly hand the car over to an electrical expert/mechanic that will sort it for you, if anything like this needs doing with my cars i just pass it on and hand them £££

I would definatly hand the car over to an electrical expert/mechanic that will sort it for you, if anything like this needs doing with my cars i just pass it on and hand them £££

I'd be inclined to agree with Maff.

Given the amount of problems you have i would take in to a car trish to go through the wiring with a fine toothed comb.