Sign in to follow this  
Rado16v

Petrol Busters

That's a really useful site, cheers mate :D

Anyone know if sainsbury's super unleaded would be any different to BP ultimate/shell optimax? Can make a saving of 9p a litre which cant be bad...

My Sainsbury's don't even do the Super unleaded :shock: Only 95 octane, erm, 95 octane, and diesel, that's when the till girlie is knowledgable, most don't even know what's in their pumps :mad: .

So despite all the calls for a boycott of BP et al, I'm afraid that in the UK there are not enough alternatives for the 98-octane stuff, unlike Germany, where every petrol station sells 3 types of petrol (91, 95, 98 octane, or even V100-octane -Power). I just hate it, when most stations only have 2 types of fuel: 95 and diesel. NOOOO :mad: !

Tempest

Some of them do the super. I tried one in northampton and they quote 97 RON minimum which is the same as what BP quote for their Ultimate

"Built in Germany, SLAMMED by a SINGH! "

FBLOL!! Just noticed that, and it's funny!

I only use Optimax. 98.6 RON 8)

I chucked in a bottle of NF racing octane booster a few weeks ago, which is what the Scooby boys use. Optimax + NF = 102 octane :D

And yep I did notice a difference, a *big* difference. Shame it's £15 a bottle :(