Atki

Clutch pedal travel and return zero VR6 Corrado

Hi all Mine is a very high mileage Vr6 and the latest to occur is the the clutch pedal not returning to it's normal position. When I depress it I cannot get reverse at all!!! Stick in first and the car is off with pedal still to floor. I suspect it's the master cylinder.

Is it difficult to change? I know I can get one delivered how hard can it be.

Yet again friends and fellow Rado owners I need help !!!

Not difficult. Access is poor but not the end of the world. 2 nuts and a clip onto the clutch pedal itself. The slave cylinder is more of a pig though!

You can physically get at the slave OK but it under coolant pipes and getting onto the bolts that hold it in place tend to be a pig!

Hi Ian.

How will I know which one has gone please? Or am I going to have to replace both of them?

It's a lottery to be honest. If you have recently bleed the clutch line or let the fluid run low then chances are you have damaged the master, otherwise no sure fire way unfortunately.

Had a feeling that would be the answer. must admit at the present time I'm sulking and the car is in my garage sitting idle. I havn't fiddled with anything so far but the fluids are fine. There are not any leaks anywhere and I havn't bled the clutch line. I'm gunna try the master and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice though

When the slave went on mine it thru' fluid all over the floor so was pretty obvious! Perhaps therefore it is the master cylinder?

Ian.

Hi easypops. Thanks for the comment. It fast getting to the point where the car is going to sit idle for quite awhile! Did a gearbox change some time ago on my scirroco Mk2 This one however for some reason ALWAYS bite back!! and costs me.

Hi Ian. Lets hope it is only the master C I 've just read the comments from easypops !!!