sankysvr6

Braided Brake Hoses

Those of you that have changed your standard brake hoses to braided ones, did your front hoses come with all the mounting on them.

Like the 2 rubber rings that go round them and the 1 that clips it to the shock absorber?

It does take time sometime's mate for the right person to see your post and reply. I can't help I'm afraid

No rubber bungs came on my Goodrich lines! Never seen any on any braided lines, only the rubber sleeve which I used to put a tywrap over without having the actual line binding.

It does take time sometime's mate for the right person to see your post and reply. I can't help I'm afraid

Sorry, I forget not everyone is sat in front of computer all day. LOL

Will be more patient in future.

No rubber bungs came on my Goodrich lines! Never seen any on any braided lines, only the rubber sleeve which I used to put a tywrap over without having the actual line binding.

Thanks Sean,

That's a bit rubbish, would have thought they would have come with them as standard.

Well I guess its no point sending them back to the supplier, will see if I can get the old ones off and re use them.

I've cut that grommet off the original hose with a Stanley knife and used it on Goodrich hoses before, simply put the cut into the U shaped bracket nearest the strut with the plastic sliding sleeve (with the makers name on it) inside the grommet acting as a bush.

You could super glue the cut, but I've never bothered and if the hoses are routed correctly the grommet stays in place, but you could cable tie the grommet to the strut for good measure also.

Managed to get the original rubber fittings off the old brake hoses, and refitted them to the new braided hoses with out cutting them.

A bit of hassle getting them off, but its doable.

FrontBrakeHose_zpsf15afa9a.jpg

Just in case it helps somebody else out.

As far as i am aware they don't come with rubbers attached, as I have fitted several sets of braided lines to various cars over the years and have always used the old rubbers off of the original lines.