mic_VR

National Classic Car Day - Radio 2

Anyone taking part today? We're having a classic car day at work so I've taken the old boy along. Should get some pics later.

Didn't really feel the Corrado was classic enough, so just walked to work today! :) Plus it needs a wash ;)

Bring mine to work everyday. Chap here has a good selection of cars though.

Lotus Cortina

Mk1 Land Rover

Original Mini Coooper

VW camper

Merc 330 SEC (something along those lines, might of got numbers wrong)

BMW 740i

Porsche 911 targa, think its an 80's car.

I checked with our resident expert in the office and he classed it as a modern classic.... so I did the 1.1 mile drive with pride this morning! :lol:

it's definitely a modern classic. Mine's a daily drive, but did spend a lot of time last night making it look as good as possible...

I think the definition of a classic should be not how old it is, but what percentage of its value you spend maintaining it annually. Definitely be over 100% for the last year for me!

I've been absolutely swamped at work this week so no time to clean the car.... well not until I started at 7.30 this morning much to the amusement of the wife and neighbours...

Drove mine to work today - 14 mile commute from Bracknell to Reading along the A329M. There's a black Corrado VR6 in the car park as well but it looks like it needs some TLC. Apart from the remnants of the sahara sand mine is looking OK. Didn't see anyone else with a classic on the road this morning.

You're not far from me, Bullfinch, I drive up the A33 and along the M4 from J11 TO J13. There used to be 3 VR6s in my road alone, but not any more :-( Saw a TVR350 but that was it.

Will be taking my raddo on a long journey to Northampton in an hour (its a daily) or so hope to see some people doing the same along the way.

Year end at work meant I could only stand outside and chat for a few mins, then I forgot to take pics so I only managed to get a couple.

EAA82840-153B-436E-9251-5297C847FCDB.jpg

E24581CE-D283-4DBF-A139-10EAC4D3D610.jpg

And just when you thought the 'rado was reasonably rare, the white car next to mine is a Middlebridge Scimitar and it's no.30 of only 78 ever made.

Was nice talking old cars though and made me hanker after a proper old car to tinker with like the Morris, such simple engineering..... maybe I'll get another Beetle.... :lol: