jayjay73

Storm Grey VR6 MOT... passed yesterday... phew!

Took the car for it's MOT this week and it failed on 3 counts :(

1. CV Joint boot

2. Ball joint

3. 2 brake pipes excessive corrosion

Got it sorted for two hundred nicker including the test / retest and tracking; parts were reasonably cheap, labour being the main expense. Car corners a little better now also. :D Could have been worse I suppose so happy with a relatively light escape. Guy at the garage commented on how it was in very good condition for its' age (which was nice....)

Added some Redex to the fuel tank earlier in the week to give the injectors to a bit of a clean and after 150 miles of motorway cruising it seems to be running a little more smoothly than before. Odometer just crept over 91k yesterday which is 1k miles of happy driving for yours truly. Kids still loving it also.

Planning on mooching over to Elsecar later this month - holiday already booked.

DSC_0153_01_zps1f2f884d.jpg

Nice one JayJay, i had the same with my car in March passed with a few advisories. Was very happy.

If you come to Elsecar will see you there, booked a place on the CCGB club stand. My son is showing his golf also. :thumbleft:

Cheers fellas. The VR is a good honest car with character and planning to be a keeper.

Saw a GT2 and a GT3 in Duesseldorf today. But no Corrados spotted yet...!