MikeVR6

VR6 Cutting Out

Hi mike , I would take the car to a local trusted garage before you go buying a FPR and a pump . Get them to test the fuel pressure , this will then tell you if the pump and FPR are working right . FPR is around £80.00 and fuel pump (Bosch) is £140.00 I think .

Rob

My local guy is good for oil changes and general mechanical things but I think this would have him stumped too. I need to go back to Stealth soon to get the car rolling road tuned. That's a 400 mile drive from here. I'd rather spend a bit of time now trying to fix it myself. I'll be with the mechanic at the weekend getting the A/C re-gassed. So I'll ask him to take a look.

Coilpack is also possible. How can I test that though? Physically it looks fine and nothing in VAGCOM.

My local guy is good for oil changes and general mechanical things but I think this would have him stumped too. I need to go back to Stealth soon to get the car rolling road tuned. That's a 400 mile drive from here. I'd rather spend a bit of time now trying to fix it myself. I'll be with the mechanic at the weekend getting the A/C re-gassed. So I'll ask him to take a look.

No hassle in fuel pressure testing mate

No hassle in fuel pressure testing mate

Aye they just stick a pressure gauge on the fuel rail? I'm sure he has one of those.

Fitted a brand new Bosch MAF sensor today. Had some fun getting it out of the housing it came with (from a Golf). Security Torx not the same as the T20's my MAF uses. Couldn't get the right Bit. Had to hacksaw through the center of them and use a flat blade screwdriver in the end. Anyway, MAF on, went for a drive. No better. Still throwing up.....

00537 - Lambda (Oxygen Sensor) Regulation

11-10 Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent

I've just disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and I'm going to go through the Basic Settings procedure from here.. http://wiki.the-corrado.net/vr6_ecu_reset_procedure.html

If not, I'll try a lambda. But the VAGCOM readings indicate it is working. All the pipework that I can get at looks free from the leaks. The MAF and air filter are behind the bumper near the foglight and hard to access without ramps.

Is the ISV only used during warm up? The car runs almost fine below 80 degrees Oil Temp. It's when warm the problem is more frequent.

Im under the impression that the isv is used only when the car needs to idle.

Ive heard of lambdas working and then not working during running of cars that might be why its down as intermittant

In VCDS the Lambda is giving readings. They're just outside its normal +-2% range. So I think the problem lies elsewhere. It's with the mechanic now. I gave him my original ISV which I've now cleaned thoroughly, asked him to check fuel pressure and look for vacuum leaks. Failing that he'll need to start delving deeper. Checking spark plugs for fouling, HT leads (new Dubsport ones fitted in October), coilpack etc...

At the weekend I replaced the ISV with a "Lowe" model from eBay €36 as opposed to €200 for a VW one. Bosch part no. 0280140559

Started the car up. No improvement. But when I gave it some gas I could hear a hissing noise. Turns out a small hairline split had appeared on one of the hoses leading to the charcoal filter I think. Part No. 021133518H. I taped up the hose and hey presto. Back to normal. Of course a new one is nearly €100 from VW. They are now obsolete.

Same part from a Ford Galaxy is just under €40 delivered. Part No. 1006442

So after 2 ISVs, 3 MAFs and a lot of head scratching the car is running fine again. Keep an eye on those hoses!