clumpy1

Price's on the rise???

bet some one got that for a steal or trade in and is going to make a mint

There's absolutely no chance of that car selling for that money.

It was on Edition and here for around the 7-8k mark I think just another Dealer trying to cash in I reckon it's worth 10k if all the documentation is legit all tax disc's/mot's etc 15k is pushing it you are getting into immaculate Rallye territory for that money. It's here http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=525413

Edited by clumpy1

How can these traders be so goddamn shameless - I bet they didn't even pay the 7k asking price for that G60. Really biting my lip to send him some aggro.

Yeah jim I think the guy who was selling it up here ask's for offer's later in the thread shame no-one on here bought it as it is a cracker

If i was an eccentric collector of vehicles and I wanted one in my collection I'd pay the 15k price tag, sure he will have a tough time selling it or a long wait but leave the man to his business... What's the point in having a go at him. There's too many people down treading the value of our cars generally, that's why they have ended up in the hands of people who couldn't afford to run them and keep them in good condition. Hence why there are so few of the G60's left in good condition.

Yes 15k is a high ticket for a '91 car, even in terms of most cars that age not just corrado's. But look at it! That's probably just as clean as any other car, even the ones in VW's collection of cars... 28,000 miles! Stored from nearly new until 2002.. What's wrong with what he is doing?! So what if he didn't even pay 7k for it, that's the nature of business. If you buy it and decide you could sell it for more then that's your business, no one else's! If I was the seller and people started ringing me up, telling me 'you can't do that! That's way too high blah blah blah!' I'd be telling you to mind your own business and do one!!

I would rather see that car sold to the right person for a ludicrously high price and it be kept locked away somewhere, to be driven on the very rare occasion, to be maintained, preserved and cared for, rather than for a low price where some jerk off that has no interests in keeping the car in its fantastic condition gets hold of it and destroys yet another classic car.

What would you guys say if it actually sold for his asking price?

Easy mate the reason I started this thread was to try and get the ball rolling on getting prices on the way we all want them to go. If you read my post I said I thought it was well worth 10k just felt maybe just now that 15k was maybe a little high. Yes there may be an eccentric that com'e along and pay's the 15k for it and hide it away and use it on the rare occasion like you quoted but how would that help us??? I would rather someone like Goldie bought this car and took it to show's had a thread on here and generally looked after it to the next level now that would help get the profile raised no doubt. I genuinely believe that due to Goldie/ChrisL/Daves16v/N3P/Kip/etc the profile is beginning to recover. We are all for the Corrado mate I've stopped counting on mine so don't be telling me I'm not keen owner I'm sure there are other's who would take a little offence regarding some comment's.

Let's keep it civil please ;)

Edited by clumpy1

Easy mate the reason I started this thread was to try and get the ball rolling on getting prices on the way we all want them to go. If you read my post I said I thought it was well worth 10k just felt maybe just now that 15k was maybe a little high. Yes there may be an eccentric that com'e along and pay's the 15k for it and hide it away and use it on the rare occasion like you quoted but how would that help us??? I would rather someone like Goldie bought this car and took it to show's had a thread on here and generally looked after it to the next level now that would help get the profile raised no doubt. I genuinely believe that due to Goldie/ChrisL/Daves16v/N3P/Kip/etc the profile is beginning to recover. We are all for the Corrado mate I've stopped counting on mine so don't be telling me I'm not keen owner I'm sure there are other's who would take a little offence regarding some comment's.

Clumpy, firstly please bear in mind that I have used terms such as "generally" in my statements. Secondly, I'm not saying people aren't keen owners, far from it.. I know there are people out there who do keep their cars in a good state of repair, maintain them well and care about them an awful lot.

What I react to is outlandish comments about why things shouldn't be priced so. You are right in saying that 10k is probably more realistic a price for it to sell, I didn't say that was too little either though... It is when people just write 'far too much money for that!' or 'its just a trader trying a mark up' it makes me despair, why are people so negative about these situations? Why do they seem to take offense to the fact that the car could even possibly be sold for that kind of figure? it just irks me that people seem to focus on the fact that it has a high price tag and can't see that the car, realistically, if not now, but hopefully in the very near future will be worth that figure.

If any one has been offended by what I said then, well, they obviously disagree with me. If it perhaps came across as "I think no one on this forum cares about their Corrados anymore" then to clarify, that's not what I'm implying. I'm implying that good cars were lost to bad ownership because the cars became devalued to the point that people bought them and didn't care for them in the way that true enthusiasts would have. They ended up in the price bracket of the buy and forget market. I think that's a shame and the prices of Corrados needs to come up. However, I think that's probably not going to happen now as there aren't enough good condition cars remaining. That's what makes the minter at 15k the right price in my eyes.

Where some collector, who as I said would have "kept locked away somewhere, to be driven on the very rare occasion, to be maintained, preserved and cared for", becomes useful to us is because it is then seen as desirable, a collector's item to have. As a result of being seen as a collector's item a status will start to form and then those of us with the cars that have been lovingly restored and cared for will have made a great investment. Which is after all, what we want right?...

Edited by Graphite

What would you guys say if it actually sold for his asking price?

"My god... a flying pig!" :)

In many respects you're right - it'd be nice for it to sell for that, purely to help the Corrado economy along.. but I'd hate for the person who bought it to subsequently find out they could have had it for less than half that price. I know if it was me, I'd be pretty ****ed off. I know that's just business and all that, but the vendors here have done nothing. Bought it, washed it, took some new photo's, got some information off Wikipedia, and doubled the price.

Chris Gaskell's Storm didn't even sell for anything near that, and that was a genuine concourse, enthusiast owned VR6 Storm. The traders don't deserve to get their asking price for that G60.

"My god... a flying pig!" :)

In many respects you're right - it'd be nice for it to sell for that, purely to help the Corrado economy along.. but I'd hate for the person who bought it to subsequently find out they could have had it for less than half that price. I know if it was me, I'd be pretty ****ed off. I know that's just business and all that, but the vendors here have done nothing. Bought it, washed it, took some new photo's, got some information off Wikipedia, and doubled the price.

Chris Gaskell's Storm didn't even sell for anything near that, and that was a genuine concourse, enthusiast owned VR6 Storm. The traders don't deserve to get their asking price for that G60.

That's a contradiction though. "it'd be nice for it to sell for that, purely to help the Corrado economy along" and then you go on to say "The traders don't deserve to get their asking price".

If you were looking to buy that car you would be doing research, your research would probably lead you to find that you could get it for less. Okay so the trader has done little work but if someone wants to pay that for it let them! The more we write about how we think its not worth it and that the traders are earning a big fat one out of it, the easier it is for people looking to buy these cars find that out. Were shooting ourselves in the feet here!

That's a contradiction though. "it'd be nice for it to sell for that, purely to help the Corrado economy along" and then you go on to say "The traders don't deserve to get their asking price".

It's not a contradiction - I'm just thinking out loud about the various scenario's. If you wanted me to come down on one side then honestly, frankly, I'd rather it didn't sell for that sort of money at all. And I stand by my gut feeling that it won't until the price comes down by at least 25%.

It's not a contradiction - I'm just thinking out loud about the various scenario's. If you wanted me to come down on one side then honestly, frankly, I'd rather it didn't sell for that sort of money at all. And I stand by my gut feeling that it won't until the price comes down by at least 25%.

Jim, if you boil it down that says "it should sell for that" on the other hand "it should not sell for that" That's what I see, but every one is entitled to their opinion at the end of the day. Mine is that it is a sad thing that people say it shouldn't. I'll leave it at that :)

Clumpy, firstly please bear in mind that I have used terms such as "generally" in my statements. Secondly, I'm not saying people aren't keen owners, far from it.. I know there are people out there who do keep their cars in a good state of repair, maintain them well and care about them an awful lot.

What I react to is outlandish comments about why things shouldn't be priced so. You are right in saying that 10k is probably more realistic a price for it to sell, I didn't say that was too little either though... It is when people just write 'far too much money for that!' or 'its just a trader trying a mark up' it makes me despair, why are people so negative about these situations? Why do they seem to take offense to the fact that the car could even possibly be sold for that kind of figure? it just irks me that people seem to focus on the fact that it has a high price tag and can't see that the car, realistically, if not now, but hopefully in the very near future will be worth that figure.

If any one has been offended by what I said then, well, they obviously disagree with me. If it perhaps came across as "I think no one on this forum cares about their Corrados anymore" then to clarify, that's not what I'm implying. I'm implying that good cars were lost to bad ownership because the cars became devalued to the point that people bought them and didn't care for them in the way that true enthusiasts would have. They ended up in the price bracket of the buy and forget market. I think that's a shame and the prices of Corrados needs to come up. However, I think that's probably not going to happen now as there aren't enough good condition cars remaining. That's what makes the minter at 15k the right price in my eyes.

Where some collector, who as I said would have "kept locked away somewhere, to be driven on the very rare occasion, to be maintained, preserved and cared for", becomes useful to us is because it is then seen as desirable, a collector's item to have. As a result of being seen as a collector's item a status will start to form and then those of us with the cars that have been lovingly restored and cared for will have made a great investment. Which is after all, what we want right?...

You are obviously a passionate owner which I totally respect mate. I myself have not been an owner too long but have met some of the long term owner's a few of them with very nice car's which are obviously well pampered , however regarding the not enough good one's left that may be the case with the G60 but then they were produced in lower number's anyway so that was bound to happen in general though there are plenty out there.I do appreciate you posting you obviously do know your stuff maybe just a little too passionate?;)

You are obviously a passionate owner which I totally respect mate. I myself have not been an owner too long but have met some of the long term owner's a few of them with very nice car's which are obviously well pampered , however regarding the not enough good one's left that may be the case with the G60 but then they were produced in lower number's anyway so that was bound to happen in general though there are plenty out there.I do appreciate you posting you obviously do know your stuff maybe just a little too passionate?;)

Clumpy, I am extremely passionate, given that my car is just a shell at the moment! :D My third corrado though, so yes I have been an owner for a few years now.

True there are more VR's in particular left, therefore there is more likely to be a greater number in better condition, but you have to consider ~10,000 unit imported into the UK is not a great deal at all to start with. The only thing that really outshines the Corrado from the same era on that front is the Rallye!

I'm all for promoting the value of these cars but agree that's ridiculous... it's worth half that but then they are getting 'collectible' now so someone with £££ may well buy it.. sh1t colour though :-)

just purchased this paid 15k flat, gonna rag it round the local estate just to **** you all off :dance:

The only thing that I am wondering is this car has only done 28k and will obviously not had a right lot spent on it. How then would I go about pricing mine if I was selling it as mine has receipt's/work for 30k etc if this G60 did sell for 15k is mine worth 20k? Just another angle ;)

seans called shotgun.....lets do burn outs and gather a crowd of local yobbos

I'm all for promoting the value of these cars but agree that's ridiculous... it's worth half that but then they are getting 'collectible' now so someone with £££ may well buy it.. sh1t colour though :-)

Same colour as my old G60 - I think it's a great colour! :)

seans called shotgun.....lets do burn outs and gather a crowd of local yobbos

Have you got trays to put under the rear wheels to do better hand brake turns?