southerner88

Original Speedline Wheels

good morning everyone, Hope you all had a good easter....

I Know this is going to be a long shot but I have some orignal speedlines on my VR, they are 15's. They have been sprayed a sort of dark Grey by the previous owner and I personally think they look really nice. Would anyone be wanting to straight swap my 15's for some 16's/17's original speedlines (if they even exist). I am currently Turbo'ing my VR and need some bigger wheels to fit bigger brakes, but am not massivley keen on moving away from the speedlines but am open to offers.

So basically, if you have any 16/17 wheels, and would like a straight swap for my 15 speedlines, gimme a shout! cheers peeps!

I think you'll struggle a bit to be honest, 16/17" speedlines are a very rare find and would be 3-£500 second hand, plus there are plenty of the 15" knocking around on ebay. I would just sell yours and get hunting:-)

cheers Rob, they look to have some nice wheels, and some very similar to the speedlines, price tag to go with them unfortunately!

No one wanting to swap my speedlines? anything that will fit that is a 16/17 is considered...

Yeah they are on the pricey side . We did a group buy a few years back and picked the ones that were the closest to the speedlines .Worked out at £610 delivered iirc . Good luck with your search .

Rob

Yeah they are on the pricey side . We did a group buy a few years back and picked the ones that were the closest to the speedlines .Worked out at £610 delivered iirc . Good luck with your search .

Rob

Like Rob these wheel's that you require don't come cheap mate after all you are doing a conversion with a turbo involved and you think this is going to come cheap? Maybe if you trawl for day's and get lucky mate you are going up a level do you think it's like buying for a 1.1 get real the way you are going you are going to need at least a 17" wheel to clear the brakes you are going to require ie 4 pot's

Go easy on him clumpy, he's obviously got a budget and he looks like he would rather spend it on mechanical parts and not wheels. Unfortunately speedlines aren't really worth much and he's finding that out.

Go easy on him clumpy, he's obviously got a budget and he looks like he would rather spend it on mechanical parts and not wheels. Unfortunately speedlines aren't really worth much and he's finding that out.

I thought I was going easy Sean :p OK matey what you need to think about is the fact you are putting in an engine which will require larger brake's which in turn you are going to need bigger wheel's for and when you are going VRT you need at the very least 16" motorsport wheel's like mine which clear bigger brakes or 17's at the ""LEAST"" not being awful or cheeky here but get it in your planning.

Haha cheers for the back up Sean, and I know what your saying clumpy. I'm spending the money as I can and have tried to prioritise items, with big brakes coming before the wheels which is why I was wandering if any one had any swaps for mine...