fla

obd2 main round connector broken

On my obd2 loom the locking rings on both portions of the main connector are broken - i guess the guy who supplied these to me didn't know it was a twist fit...

What could i do to ensure the two sides remain locked in place, short of buying new connectors and rewiring? I really don't fancy doing that as undoubtedly some wires will end up in the wrong positions!!

I have one ring which i'll try and stick on with araldite the other does not have the large round body on it.

If the engine loom side is OK, the twist lock connector could be held in place with a couple of socket cap screws if you drill and tap the metal bracket above and below the connector.

Otherwise you can de-pin and use your existing OBD1 connectors, plus you could also use the big rubber boot on the OBD1 harness which the OBD2 looms don't seem to have.

good idea - I'd rather do that than de-pin the connector. I don't think I have the rubber boot around my OBD1 connector, unless its an aftermarket item?

Its the twist connector thats broken not the one fitted to the mounting bracket unfortunately. Looks like I'll have to de-pin this -are they still available from vw? Is the 2-prong tool sufficient to remove the pins?

Just replied to your other thread, I should have that connector and if you still have no luck sorting one out by next week I'll snip it out of my spare loom and check my pin tool fits as well