Liam20vT

20vT problems..

Morning guy's,

I'll try to explain the issue i am having as best as i can (Usually not very good at explaining things haha).

So the engine is a 20v 1.8t AGU and for the past few days i have noticed that whilst under full throttle it feels like something is holding the engine back with a slight reduction in power. The engine doesnt have its normal tone almost like the timing is out which leads me to believe it could be the cambelt? (mileage is on 74k). The throttle pedal also feels a little stiffer than normal?

Whether all these are related i dont know, but any help would be apreciaited!

Cheers,

Liam

the only cambelt issue you can have is when it snaps, and you'll know when that happens....

the engine is most likely going into limp mode.

the issue could be with any or multiple sensors on the engine(maf, o2, temp, etc), vacuum leaks, coils, sticky turbo or actuator, etc.

have you a diagnostic port connected for the engine?

a scan will definitely narrow down the issue.

\Paddy

Open the throttle with your hand to see if its pedal or cable related. If the cable is seizing check the engine earth is in good condition

Thanks for the reply Paddy.

I dont think the car has a diagnostic port (running Qpeng management) which is very frustrating as its basically all sensors as you pointed out. Sticky turbo could be a good point actually, low down pickup seems to be a little laggy...:(

So after driving home from work I noticed that I couldn't always hear the boost properly but it was intermittent. sometimes I could hear it very well like you should and other times it was almost like there was no turbo ( would this mean a boost leak? Or something more serious?). Tried the throttle cable and it did seem pretty normal to me, pedal still feels very stiff?

Just another quick update... I've noticed that my exhaust note seem's rather muffled / quieter than usual. On overrun it would pop and bang like mad whereas now i can hear a very muffled pop and thats it, almost seems like something is blocked in the exhaust?