Harry786aroon

volkswagen corrado storm buying advise

There was one that went for £1000 on here that needed a bit of TLC

A low-ish milage one (80K-120K) in good nick but some wear and tear would be about £3500 - £5000

A collectors quality car with ultra low miles could be upwards of £8-9K

Are you up on your mechanics and generally good at looking around a car ?.If not i would recommend paying for an AA mechanic to come with you to have a look at the car you are interested in . I know people who are confident in buying and still take an expert with them for a second opinion . People on this forum are a friendly bunch , if theres someone close to you it does not hurt to ask if they would mind coming with you to have a look .

Lol I don't need help looking at condition engine bay etc just what sort of price should I pay for one cheers

You asked for advice Rob gave you advice then you turn round and tell him you know what's what if you know that much why are you asking for advice :scratch:

Basically mr clumpy, if you reading carefully I just wanted to know what sort of price guide I should pay for a storm, thanks and sorry if I offended you

• Like 1

It's nice to have the storm but it's only a couple of badges. So personally I'd say a few hundred pounds more than an equivalent VR6 with leather in equivalent condition.

Mystic blue is almost unique to Storms on the Corrado but a common Golf colour.

VR6 cars range from a few hundred pounds to thousands depending on condition.

Basically mr clumpy, if you reading carefully I just wanted to know what sort of price guide I should pay for a storm, thanks and sorry if I offended you

No offence taken ;) I think what Rob was trying to get across is there is alot of bit's n bob's on these car's that you think "Oh that's nothing" it soon mount's up and can turn expensive very quickly also the fact you obviously are keen on the car you can go and look at it through rose tint's and the heart can rule the head "Big Mistake" you really need to be on the top of your game with these there are a couple of guy's on here who will agree. Ask Sean182 though he is doing a grand job of getting it right the more homework you do the more rewarded you will be and the more sane in the long run GLW your search :thumbleft:

No offence taken . I know you only asked for advice on pricing ,but nothing was said about what you know about cars . I was just trying to give you a bit of info about looking around a car . If you know your stuff , thats fair enough . good luck in your search , i think prices are starting to rise , so now is the time to buy a VW classic Coupe .

Rob