MartyrKomplx

Door Handle Broke, Suitable Substitutes?

First off: No, it's not the striker. ... sorry, don't need anyone wasting their time suggesting the repair kit or anything.

My left-hand door handle broke, no it's not the striker. Striker is fine. Actually it's the piece of metal plate that moves the striker that's broke. I would've loved for the striker to be broken. So much simpler, since it's so common theres kits to fix it.

I've heard that some of the Passats handles would fit (with the lock requires a bit of fudging with the striker, and without the lock fits perfect ... just no lock). Is this correct? What year passat should I be looking for. Nextly, if this is true, I've heard '90-'95, i've also heard '95-'97, and '90-'97 ... which set of years is the correct set?

At least, I can still open & close the door by using a digital striker ... my finger ... it's a digit ... digital .. haha..ha...um ... yeah.

I used the rear handles off a B3 Passatt to de-lock mine, so 1988-1993 or so. I don't know if the front handles with locks fit, but it's a fair guess that they would.

I think that the striker pin broke on my drivers handle and I couldn't be bothered to fix it. I think apart from the broken striker it's fine. If you really get stuck and are prepared to pay the postage you can have it. The passenger side handle is fine and has even had the repair kit already fitted - I'm unsure which side yours has broken on!

The later Passat handles differ slightly in appearance as they are slighly more rounded that the earlier ones. I am not sure if the internals are the same though.

^^ yeah - the B4 facelift handles are different.

I also changed the bit that goes on the side of the doors too - I can't remember why though lol. The bit that latches on the door pin thingy, so my doors can now be child locked ^_^

I used the rear handles off a B3 Passatt to de-lock mine, so 1988-1993 or so. I don't know if the front handles with locks fit, but it's a fair guess that they would.

I think that the striker pin broke on my drivers handle and I couldn't be bothered to fix it. I think apart from the broken striker it's fine. If you really get stuck and are prepared to pay the postage you can have it. The passenger side handle is fine and has even had the repair kit already fitted - I'm unsure which side yours has broken on!

I'll assume that for you, passenger's side is the left-hand side? Which sounds good, since I'm across the pond my driver's side (broke) is the left-hand side ... pretty sure there's no actual difference in handles between left & right hand drive corrados, right?

I'd be interested in figuring out a way to get that one, currency differences and all. I've been having no luck with the local part yards.