Mr_Rossy

It starts with a drop ....

HI I’m Matt and this is my Corrado Storm, she’s been under cover for a while (in various places of storage), she is completely standard with only a Miltek exhaust. Strangely she’s on a M plate being registered on 22/06/1995 but I have checked with VW in Milton Keynes that she is a genuine one and they confirmed the build as Mystic blue with black heated leather and is recorded as a “special model”

95k on the clock, 3 owners, good service history (booked in next week for a major with anti-freeze, brake fluid and gearbox oil next week just to start off on the right foot for 2014)

The leather is in good condition and getting treated to a weekend feed on this long weekend off. I put a new gear knob on from new old stock and some genuine VW dealer Corrado mats. I’ll yet to clean her, so again with the long weekend she’ll be getting treated.

I’m more than likely going to remove the rubbing strips as they have been getting on my nerves in terms of looks.

Whilst under cover I’ve fixed the rear spoiler which now travels up and down nicely in the rear view mirror, fixed the mirrors as they are stuck and the switch was burnt out. Unfortunately the new switch also burnt out so it has cost me £34 in switches but top tip is to send some power down the mirrors to free them before putting the switch under load. The roof now moves freely too but I’ve got a fault on the wiring somewhere as it doesn’t seem to have the “Hot side” wire live hence doesn’t move on the switch yet.

So I taxed her and whipped her down to my amazing friend Ray’s garage (in Swindon) for some AP Coilover treatment, as everyone will agree they are a little moonbuggy in standard form.

Corradomoonbuggy2.jpg

Corradomoonbuggy.jpg

Far better after : )

Corradodropped.jpg

Now she’s sitting in the Swindon Station car park surrounded by police and forensics as 5 cars were broken into overnight (Not her though as she resides in my garage) but on the positive side I can see one of the other 499 storms out there, yes a green one turned up around 9:00 (Number plate N***TTT) and parked up ….#heartwarming

Right I’m off to have the 4 wheels aligned at lunch and my wallet lightened to the tune of a ton.

I hear you guys, I dropped it when my missus said "what's wrong with the back of your corrado?", I said what has someone hit it or something, she said no but you can see all the bits behind the wheels, I immediately knew that I needed to drop it. (That said she does have 20's on her A6 :camp: )

There is more room to go but I want to use her daily and there are speed bumps in the station car park.

I was about to have standard rear suspension and lowered front, but looks much higher than i remember, still think i'll try it anyway.

What condition was your standard stuff in?, am after some standard rear springs if you have them to sell.

Its all very good actually, I'll fetch it from Rays at lunch. the problem is getting it to you as I'm Swindon and you're on the Eastside, I've got mates there but they wouldn't take kindly to transporting springs on the train I don't think! (Let me know if you're on the M4 at all and we can sort something out) ...... Don't do it though, its just too much of a moonbuggy

wow, is that really how high it sits? been that long since ive seen one standard!

Yeah crazy, its parked next to the standard height Green Storm now so will take a photo when I go back out after work. Even from the 3rd floor you can see the difference.

Know that feeling 4x4 stance, keep an eye on how low you have set the back to as being a daily it will be uncomfy as it will settle more over time

Good point, I need to get a solid rear exhaust mount as there seems to be a slight knock on the rear beam on tick-over, anyone know where to source one?

My rear ends seems to of dropped a massive amount, no way is it 30-40mm as the springs state. I swear its the low rear end causing me handling issues.

I went out after work and met the fellow storm driver, really nice guy called Mark. His Storm was just restored and like most of us he wasn't happy with the finish.

The interior was mint, 105k on the clock. Poor Mark had recently hit a deer and pushed the lights in, smashed the passenger side indicator and fog and lost his nicely painted Storm grill.

Here's the photos, moonbuggy standard v's dropped.

photo2-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

I was lucky enough to be allowed out to hoove the interior last night, great feeling to be able to fit the Dealer supplied standard mats and conditioned the leather. I have to say it was a beautiful place to be this morning, especially with the heated seats on :smug:

Looks loads better for being lowered can't get over how high a standard one is they look like inspector gadgets car when it used to spring up in the air to get over other vehicles!

Wheels painted a nice shade of Mystic : )

imagejpg1-1.jpg

BBSRS3012.jpg

Just need putting back together, tyres fitting then wait for the car to come back from paint...